Ontario SP5 "Survival Bowie" - Any comments?

I'd love to get a Livesay RTAK. There's only one slight problem: moola. So looking for a less expensive (and, obviously lesser quality) long blade (roughly 10"), I happened on the Ontario SP5 Survival Bowie. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks for your comments.

------------------
Cutting through all the muck,
we get to what's really important.

John 3:3-7

God Bless You!

Hey Rich.
smile.gif
Did you order from Mark already? You didn't tell me what you ordered.
smile.gif

Dan

Joe (& Cliff) - Thanks! It's far better to know too much than too little (my previous predicament!)!

Dan - I just got back. Had to go out of town again. This time it was to Mindoro.
smile.gif
Two knives are on order.
frown.gif
My email is whacky for some odd reason. When I can use it again, I'll let you know what's going on. If you don't hear from me via email in a day or two, check back here.

------------------
Cutting through all the muck,
we get to what's really important.

John 3:3-7

God Bless You!

I will back anything Ontario makes. OF course, it is NOT as nice as a lot of other knives out there. I have owned the Ontario Marine Raider, and currently own their 10" tanto. I'm sure the machete is no different. For the money, they are great knives (not including their tactical-type knives, which have major blade-play). If you want a sturdy, dependable knife, you won't be disappointed. If you want something more impressive, go up to something like the Cold Steel Kukri. Personally, I would love one of those. The Ontario biguns are the nicest big knives I can currently afford.

Howie

When all else fails, tell your mommy!!!

Back