1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ontario Sp53 vs Junglas vs

Discussion in 'Ontario Knife Company' started by beachmaster, Oct 9, 2019.

1. beachmaster

beachmaster

Oct 3, 2014
    Hey guys, my Sp53 vs the world video is finally up. I compared it head to head to the Esee Junglas, the Mineral Mountain Hatchet Works Bullnoser, and the DoubleStar Blades Fury Crachete.

For being the lightest knife of the group, AND the cheapest knife of the group by a large margin, the Sp53 did GREAT!

Off the top of my head i believe it averaged 13 chops through a 2x4 as opposed to 11 for the Fury, 16 for the Junglas, and 9 for the Bullnoser.

The Junglas was most comfortable without gloves, and the most consistent, the Fury is just a MONSTER, the Bullnoser is , and the Sp53 is just a light weight chopping machine with ideal weight distribution for getting work done.

2. Roguer

Roguer

Jan 5, 2015
    The SP-53 is a great affordable performing chopper. It would be great if they had it in full tang with a micarta hilt like the RTACII or a larger RAT7? Too bad OKC is sunsetting the SP-53, its a king of the OKC choppers and still high among others and way more affordable.
    The 3 Woodsmans I got...kept two gave one to a little brother who uses the 420 HC blade for kitchen and out door stuff have a full tang, I had to athletic tape the handles though, it seems to make the knife more solid feeling, as its the SP-50 profiled blade, it just makes me wish they made more full tang 5160 knives.

beachmaster likes this.