Open Season series in S35V

I see KC has these on preorder and Buck has the Moose Skinner included in this buildout OD green Micarta with S35v satin finished blades. I picked up the limited run Moose Skinners for my boys a couple years ago, I may have to get these for them also. They may not be the most practical of knives but to my eye they have some very beautiful lines.

I have my eye on the Buck 539 Open Season Small Game Fixed 4.5" S35VN Satin Blade, OD Green Micarta.

Then the Moose!

It's going to be a great 2018!

The open season folder in s30v was my favorite buck folder of all time. Wonder if that will be available in s35!? I wanted the moose when it was unavailable, then backed out when it was on sale at the buck website. It was the only open season in s35 at that time. The only fixed one I have is the small game, but the full size looks really good.

I've got the original Moose Skinner in my kitchen selection and use it quite a bit. This new one caught my eye as well!

The open season small game S30V is perhaps my favorite knife. I just wish it didn't have that gap in the hilt.

Those Open Season knives really look good. I also like the S35VN Boning knife in addition to those already mentioned.

Geez, I don't think S35VN is worth a 50% up charge over S30V.

For a user knife maybe not really worth the up charge. I would guess these will be a somewhat limited production run more targeted at collectors. I will very likely order three of the Moose Skinner version for my kids and perhaps one of the boning for myself. I personally love the fact that Buck does these smaller scale limited production runs using diffrent materials from time to time it makes collecting them all the more fun. Nothing more enjoyable than viewing the Sunday Picture Show on here and seeing a collection of six or more of the same knife in diffrent build outs.

Back