Opening and UMFAAN

After getting my LG Sebenza yesterday I know I want the complete Trinity. However while my wife and daughter were shopping at the mall I went into the knife store to see the UMFAAN. Try as I might I could not open it one handed, does anyone else have this problem? Or is it my lack of dexterity.
Jerry

I have the Trinity and carry an Umfaan (zig zag) everyday. Once you get used to the Umfaan I don't think it's a problem. The tiny thumb stud ate up the end of my thumb for a while but I either got better at the technique or my thumb got a new calous.
smile.gif
I can even open it left handed pretty well, and I'm far from ambidextrous, or even dextrous for that matter.
wink.gif
If you end up not liking it, it shouldn't be to hard to sell either. The new Umfaan handle design is coming out in April or May, so you may want to wait until then.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Ditto. My Umfaan was really hard to open at first to. After some time it loosened up a bit and became much easier to open. I also put some of CRK's grease on the embeded ball bearing on inner part of the locking handle. After doing that it instantly became easier to open and close it. Thankfully it hasn't gotten any looser, I've opened and closed it a zillion times and has stayed just right.

I found that by sort of stabbing my thumb on the thumb stud and letting it sink into my skin a little, depressed into not past the epidermis
biggrin.gif
, and then I can open it fairly easy. As Paul said you can get to where you can open it left handed as well.
When I first saw these at the Blade show I thought they were too small, they are small, but they sure do grow on you! So hop to it and pick up a special before the new style comes out, I'm hoping it's not too pretty as I really really need to stop this buying thing!

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

Back