1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Operation Two Weeks comparison photos

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by xxwarderxx, Apr 8, 2016.

1. TommyGun56

TommyGun56 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Love all of them-especially that LE-Thanks

2. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Well that's interesting. Choil is a bit smaller on the BGs as well. And grips aren't quite as "magnum".

I really like them all as well.

SFNO is definitely on my short list.

3. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

hmmm, looks like the BG drops less to me... what am I not seeing??

4. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    Have to agree, the drop looks more pronounced on the LE-definitely looks like the LE is shorter by a 1/4 inch, the choil is as stated larger on the LE Model-Re-Measured my LE and it is a Dead on 7 inches-The handles on the LE are some of the most comfortable I have used-Interesting

5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    You're not seeing the effects of the alcohol. The LE drops more, as I meant to say in the original post,.

6. xxwarderxx

Mar 27, 2015
    The odd thing is I had thought one of the benefits of O2W from the Busse side was that all the programming already existed for the models being brought back.

So, did the previous programming not exist, or were minor tweaks and improvements made that Jerry thought would make the product even better? Hmmm

7. resinguy

resinguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

OK, I'm seeing it/feeling it now....

8. JDE101

JDE101

Nov 13, 2014
    Very nice. Thanks for taking the time to do this!:thumbup:

9. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015

Look at that Fusion Steel Heart, what a beast - can't wait to get mine. :thumbup:

10. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I'm guessing that some of the difference is in handling while in the shop. Production differences can account for a good bit of variation

11. TheMtnMan

TheMtnMan

Feb 11, 2015
    Wheres the Mystery Bag in the Pic ? Lol
    Wasnt it a part of O2W ?

12. TommyGun56

Jul 29, 2014
    I have ordered other Busse's during operation 2 weeks, but when I look at the pictures the only one I can see is the WTF

13. xxwarderxx

Mar 27, 2015
    I added a bunch of missing blades, and am separating into two pictures so each is a little bigger hopefully. One for larger blades, one for smaller. Haven't worked on the smaller yet.

[​IMG]

14. Andy'sLeatherHouse

Andy'sLeatherHouse Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2006
    love the work you are doing!! great comparisons! don't forget the Team Gemini P BG - other than the AK, it is the only other O2W blade I have ordered! that 11" blade is massive Busse goodness!

15. legaleagle

legaleagle

Apr 26, 2010
    Thanks. Awesome to see them together

16. xxwarderxx

Mar 27, 2015
    Thanks. I wanted to add the TGP, but I couldn't find a picture with a good angle on the blade. I'll take another look, or worst case can use once of those photos, it just may look a little funny.

17. JDE101

JDE101

Nov 13, 2014
    Great job! I really appreciate the effort you put in to doing this. Gives a great perspective of all the offerings.:thumbup:

18. Switchblade_renegade

Switchblade_renegade Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2012
    thats alotta beautiful knives right there!

19. The Hobbiest

The Hobbiest

Mar 17, 2016
    Mofo BG is upset its 8.25" didn't make the big boy list but Steel Heart Fusion did. Seriously though thanks. Had me looking deeper into the differences of the three new versions of Steel Hearts (anniversary, bg 5/16, bg 3/16).

20. xxwarderxx

Mar 27, 2015
    I suppose Mofo should have been on this list. What about the Battle Shark?