OPINEL. Which "larger" one should I consider for next purchase ?

Hi all,

I own two or three Opinel No. 8's which is really the "Goldielocks" of the Opinel line being an excellent "all around" size "Pocket" folding Knife imho.
That being said (just because) I'm thinking about purchasing a "LARGER" (than No. 8) Opinel. So, pray tell, which is your favorite "LARGER" Opinel Knife
that you actually use/proves to be useful ? Of course I realize the "LARGER" Opinel Knives are not a true "Pocket" Knife per se (more of a Pack/Kit Bag I would think).
Photographs of your big Opinel's (especially in use) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HARDBALL
What did you end up with? If you have not bought one yet, I have a pair of Inox (stainless) Opinels, numbers 10 and 9, I'd be willing to send your way for evaluation and then sale (super cheap) if you like. PM me here or email me at thezieg at myedl dot com if you like.

If you want a HUGE Opinel-style knife on steroids, look around for a large CS Twistmaster. Great for pocket carry, if you're around 9'8". 😜

I think everyone needs at least one or six ridiculous knives in their collection and there's nothing quite like the Opinel No. 13. It's definitely on my list to round out the ridiculous of my knife collection.

Back