1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

opinions needed

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by aue123, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Scott K.

Scott K. Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Do it!

That is all...

2. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    If you are buying it to be a "user " , I wouldn't hesitate to grab a display model or even a used one in acceptable condition .

3. aue123

aue123 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 10, 2018
    I guess I could always send it in for warranty work and make it a safe queen

4. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
    my dad had agent orange and other tests in vietnam , after, of course, he was living a horrible life in pain and psychological damage and dying an early age. I want all vets to get whatever itsy bitsy benefit they can eek out.

Ok that rant is over lol

Getting older, jux t and aue123 like this.
  5. JPD1998

JPD1998 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 18, 2004
    I bought a Benchmade display knife at Gander (mini Rukus) , I got a discount and they still had the box.
    There was nothing wrong with it and shortly after, it was discontinued.
    So I'd say buy it.

6. katanas

katanas

Jan 6, 2012
    As do I (though I haven't sought nor desire any for my own reasons, my wife used the GI Bill to go to Nursing school), which is why I detest those who take advantage of those benefits undeservedly. :mad: Which is the reason I asked the original question and also am glad aue123 doesn't fall into that category. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    slyraven likes this.
  7. Odds

Odds Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I generally don’t like buying display models but if there is a discount and you can examine it then I think that’s fine.