Opinions of RJ Martin's knives...

Subject says it all. Thinking of getting one for my significant other who has grown a little tired of her Boyer. Thanks and take care.

I recently had the following RJ Martin Knives: Kwaiken, q30 tactical folder, handiman, and combat neck knife. The Kwaiken and q30 are now a permanent part of my collection, the other 2 I ended up trading. All of RJ's knives are strong and super sharp. I hope to get a Kozuka next year to match the kwaiken. His high dollar knives are simply out of this world. If you compare his kwaiken or kozuka to a couple of the other guys that make Japanese style tactical knives, you will find that RJ's knives are far superior and usually cost less. The handiman is a great all around utility knife, very sharp and sturdy, extremely light and easy to carry around the neck. I traded it and wish I hadn't. The combat didn't really appeal to me once I had it. It was well made and sharp, but I just personally didn't care for it. This is certainly not a slam on RJ, he is one of my favorite makers. His knives are all well done, I just didn't like that particular one. His folders are just like his Japanese tactical knives, built to take anything you can dish out and keep on cutting. The q30 is my everyday pocket carry knife and the kwaiken stays in the drawer of my nightstand. I guess what I'm getting at is, get one for her and one for yourself, you won't be sorry.

R.J. Martin is in the top of my list for "tactical" fixed blades. I havent seen his folders but by all reports they are excellent. His designs are sound, his fit and finish is good, and most importantly his knives are super sharp, have the correct edge geometry, and are heat treated properly.
*All of this equals a tool you can trust*

I plan on getting a KWAIKEN from Randy next.

YOU WILL NOT FIND A MORE KNOWLEDGABLE PERSON IN THE FIELD OF METAL.

All of this meens that Randy's stuff is great, dont have any reserves about getting a knife from him.

Mr. Martin, in my opinion, is one of the somewhat "undiscovered" makers. Get a knife from him before he has a 2 year wait!!

R.J. is a great knife maker and a great guy, My wife wanted to get me a Kozuka for an anniversary present, R.J. changed his schedule to make my knife and have it to me before our anniversary. great quality, great service, great knives.

R.J. Martin's knives are incredible! I've purchased several in the last month and each has been beyond shaving sharp and just feel right in the hand.

I actually picked up my last knife from R.J.'s workshop....he got me so interested in in the construction of knives that I am now considering purchasing some basic knife making equipment [but then I'll have less money to buy the finished products from Martinsite, Mad Dog and the others!]

R.J.'s oriental/pacific/asian style blades are my favorites; the handi-man is my new favorite for an all around fixed blade utility knive.

My only fear is that word will spread too far and fast about his work and then I'll have to wait even longer to satisfy my cravings.

R.J. Martin's knives are incredible! I've purchased several in the last month and each has been beyond shaving sharp and just feel right in the hand.

I actually picked up my last knife from R.J.'s workshop....he got me so interested in in the construction of knives that I am now considering purchasing some basic knife making equipment [but then I'll have less money to buy the finished products from Martinsite, Mad Dog and the others!]

R.J.'s oriental/pacific/asian style blades are my favorites; the handi-man is my new favorite for an all around fixed blade utility knive.

My only fear is that word will spread too far and fast about his work and then I'll have to wait even longer to satisfy my cravings.

Mr. Martin is making me a seven inch version of his "Quickening" with a extended butt for striking. He always responded to all my emails very quickly, usually within a few hours and was very receptive to my requests and very patient with my newbie questions. Based on what I've heard about his quality, I am making his work my very first custom blade. I just know I won't be disappointed! He also has a quick turnaround time compared to others, but you better hurry after this thread.

Creighton

double post, sorry!

[This message has been edited by Cr810 (edited 01 December 1998).]

triple post, really sorry!

quadruple post, going for the record!

fifth post (is there such a word as quintuple?), damn, I'm good!

Back