Opinions on Chris Reeve One Piece line

V-1

What do you owners think of them? Any pics after years of use? Thanks for the interest.

The CR forum has a lot of valuable opinions about the one piece line. Cliff Stamp also reviewed the project 1 (I think) some time ago - you may want to do a search of the forums to located some pretty good commentary out there.

Don't own a one piece, but saw them being made at Chris's shop last Summer. Sharp. Sturdy. Can be completely refurbished at modest cost, and have replacement caps if you loose them. Only thing to consider IMO is if you like the feel and girth of the round handle.

Pretty awesome fixed blade.

Don't have a one-piece....yet. CRK's rep for quality is second to none. If you can, handle one and see if you like it.

Paul

I had a Shadow III for about a month before selling it. Quality was top notch, but the blade was just too thick for good cutting. It was more of a prybar than a cutting tool. IMO the Fallkniven blades give much more bang for the buck.

Dakota, You could not cut what well because it was too thick? I have the larger Shadow IV and Project 1 and they cut just fine. No they are not real thin little slicers, but certainly no sharpened pry bar. For me they are the next step up from knives like my Dozier slim outdoorsman and professional skinner. Perhaps your working in the kitchen alot, but in the woods, they work fine for delicate or tough work. No they cant compare to a knife like the Dozier Slim outdoorsman for slicing ability, but no knife that does that well is meant for any type of prying.

Back