• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Opinions on MicroTech Vector wanted.

ep

What do you guys think of this knife? Anyone owns it? Who has best price?
thanks

A couple of months ago I had to decide between the Kestrel and Vector. They're almost the same design, except for the blade, and price. I ended up going with the Kestrel, and glad that I did. Whichever you get, it'll end up being a small-ish knife. The blades are right about 3 inches in length. A Vector will cost you over $250, but you can find Kestrels for $175 or less.

Welcome to the forums, ep. I'm a big fan of MT products, and I own a Kestrel. Lunde has a good point, it is kind of small but that doesn't bother me. It is a very nice knife in all regards. I like the lines of the Vector, but wonder about how hard it would be to sharpen. Just my $.02.

Hello,

I own both the Krestal and the Vector. I love them both. The Vector has a much nicer blade. They really put a lot of time machining this blade out. Alot of curves, grooves. I think a Spyderco Sharpmaker will sharpen both of them nicely. In my opinion, go with what you want.You will be happier in the end. Or be like me and get everything. Ha. Take care.

Liong

------------------
Follow The Path of Fantasies.

Microtech is nice.

I have an M-Socom and a Kestrel. Kestrel has the same handle as the Vector, not so radical blade design but very sweet, fast, nasty little knife nonetheless. It is probably a more practical shape than the Vector, but then my particular Kestrel model is not "available" in my country so it has never been carried or used. The Vector is very sexy indeed, but I'd like a larger one to be produced before I would consider buying one.

PM

My wife has an Auto Kestrel. She uses it and likes to show it off!! It's well made, perfectly ground and VERY precision all around. I own several other MT's and am VERY happy will them. I think it has to to do with being made in Florida
wink.gif

Neil

------------------
Knives IN STOCK!!!!

blackwoodknives.com

Back