1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Opinions on my next Emerson

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by nyrico, Jul 9, 2012.

1. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    I caught the Emerson bug and just received my third Emerson today, a Micro Commander, and I am already thinking about my next Emerson. I already have a Mini CQC 15 , a Gentleman Jim and the Micro Commander and I am thinking about either the Horseman , a CQC-7B or a CQC-7V next and wanted some insight. I definitely want another waved knife, and I like to EDC all of my knives so I like to keep them at 3.5" or shorter ( Horseman at 3.54" passes ) blade length. So what are people carrying?

2. CaptinRedBeard

CaptinRedBeard

Dec 3, 2011
    You can't go wrong with a Horseman, it's a great knife. I loved mine. I'm stepping up to a Cqc8 though.

3. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    You will eventually get a 7 so get one now.

4. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong

Feb 17, 2011
    Would the CQC-8 really be too big for EDC do you think? It should be about the size of an Endura, right?

I'm still new to Emersons, but I love my 7B so far!

5. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    I live in New York and the knife laws are a bit ambiguous. I think, from what I have read, that 4" is the max legal blade length outside of New York City ( correct me if I am wrong ), but it is up to an officers discretion ultimately so I self impose a 3.5" max on my EDCs. I know that it is just .5" shy, but, to my eyes a 4" blade seems large and I don't really need the additional blade length, I never buy knives for self defense. I just bought a Gentleman Jim, because I really like the knife, but at 3.75" I will rarely carry it same goes for my ZT 0560. I just actually ordered an Emerson SOCKF, at 3.4 inches with a CQC-7 like blade in the " B " grind with a more ergonomic handle ( I will miss a swedge though ). I think this was the best compromise and I think that I will one day have to buy a Horseman.