Opinions on the Schrade D'Holder?

I saw this in the latest issue of blade that we Australians can buy, The one with the microtech on the cover. Fell in love with it instantly.... the thing is, i really can't swing the $200 price tag... I need people to talk me out of buying it despite that
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, what are opinions on it? A review or two would be nice also.

Thanks in advance

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

James, I don't think it has actually been released yet. I haven't heard anything about it, other than in the mags.

------------------
iktomi

Thanks rockspyder, i thought that might be the case, i haven't heard anything about it either. Still, it looks very nice....

James

------------------
The beast we are, lest the beast we become.

You bet! And in BG42. SCHWEEET! I would say that the price, while being steep, is not too far off the mark. Unfortunately.

------------------
iktomi

It sure is a basic, clean looking design for a very functional usin' hunting knife. Of course they put the best piece of stag they had in the photo, so don't expect anything premium about the looks of the stag on yours.

BG-42 is only as good as it's heat treatment. You'd think Shrade would be able to get it right ... but ... I'd wait until they release it and someone has at least done some cutting with one.

I have a $400 custon folder in ATS-34, and I think the maker blew the heat treat. It holds a good edge, but not a "really good" edge like the Benchmade's I own.

------------------
rdangerer@home.com

Back