Opinions please! Jot Singh Khalsa Serrated

Just picked up a Jot Singh Khalsa Serrated. Great price (a little less than half of "retail") on eBay.
What's YOUR opinion of the knife? Sal? Any insights into design or manufacture?
Thanks!
John

I like it.. it's a neat little knife. I'm not a big fan of the steel, but the design is pretty spiffy. It's definetely the fastest opening knife that I own.

It's one of those knives which I think are fun to have around. Whenever you break it out, someone wants to take a closer look at it.

Frank Recupero has a beauty of a Jot on his webpage... nice filework and blue charoite handles.

http://members.xoom.com/ats34/gallery.html

Hi,

I also own one of these toothy Khalsas (serial numbered). Although I would have prefered the plainedge version (looks classier and more streaming) the dealer only had serrated pieces so I went with them. It is a very unique design (not so successful commercially) but I reallt like its "weired" factor and the fact that according to Sal it is the Spyderco knife with the most number of rounded corners. I really like GIN-1 for its stain resistance. Overall - Due to it being discontinued - it will become harder to find them (only 2400 produced so far).

Mine is also serrated althoug I'd prefer plain. Fastest opener in my collection. Kinetic? You draw it and is opens automaticly due to the bigger torgue arond pivot pin.

I really like the micarta in the handle. Is it of paper micarta?

Colobbfan - I have one in my collection. It is probably the most unusual model we've ever made.

It was the knife that Bob Taylor first demonstrated Bram's "kinetic" opening concept to me. Although it wasn't designed with "kinetics" in mind.

sal

Received my Jot Singh Khalsa Serrated today! This is my first Micarta handled knife, I'm a little concerned by the "slickness" of it. Fast opening?!? I just send out some good vibes and this bugger clicks open! Seriously, a GREAT feeling knife, with unique good lucks that I'm growing fonder of every minute!

Any "Care & Upkeep" suggestions for Micarta? I used a pure carnuba based automotive wax on the handles then buffed with a soft cloth. Wiped the blade with Marine Tuff Cloth.

John Row
colobbfan

------------------

Both serrated (numbered) and plain edge Jot Singh Khalsa's are still available.
Aloha~
Patti @ IDB
fe3stone@aloha.net

Back