• STOP USING PAYPAL FRIENDS & FAMILY
    Please, help us prevent you getting ripped off because someone got their account compromised by reusing their email & password. Read the new best practices for using the Exchange FAQ page.

Opions - Gerber Kiowa3" or BenchMade Pika

Hello all, First post here and wanting some opinions on these knives. Will be used as daily use around the FOB in AFG. I am leaning towards the Kiowa for small size & style. And the Pika for a lighter & little longer bade but 1/4" longer folded

And do most of you guys recomend a belt attached sheath or is the clip just fine?

Gerber Kiowa 2.99":
gb1405.jpg

Specifications:
* Blade Length: 2.99"
* Blade Material: 440A Stainless Steel, Black Blade
* Handle Length: 4.41"
* Handle Material: Glass filled Nylon hanlde (Zytel)
* Carrying Mechanism: Pocket Clip
* Weight 3.7oz

Benchmade Pika 3.5"
10450sb.jpg

Specifications:
*Blade Length: 3.50"
*Blade Material: N690 Stainless Steel
*Blade Hardness: 58-60HRC
*Blade Style: Modified Tanto
*Weight: 2.70oz.
*Clip: Black, Movable, Tip-Down
*Lock Mechanism: Lock-Back
*Overall Length: 8.25"
*Closed Length: 4.80"

And the Boker Armed Forces II 3.75"
114.jpg

Specifications:
*Liner lock
*Includes pocket-clip.
*Overall length: 9 1/3".
*Blade length: 3 3/4".
*Weight 6.8 oz.

I heard they are stong blades. Not sure about the easy open and lock Mech. And the weight is double.

Thanks , tafel1

I owned a Gerber and some Bökers before. They are junk. The Benchmade Pika however is a very good knife and a real steal for that price, although it' s blade is a little on the thin side. Please, could you tell me what does FOB and AFG means? :confused:

There have been reports of quality issues on a lot of the Gerbers and this one is in 440A which is not really good at edge holding.

The Pika is N690 steel. Roughly equivalent to 440C. Much better at edge holding than 440A.

No information on the Boker.

Of those given, I'd go with the BM Pika.
Also consider:
Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunters/Skinners/Spearpoints
Byrd line of folders, specifically G-10 Cara Cara or Meadowlark. The SS Pelican is also a good choice, but a bit on the heavy side.
You can also find the Spyderco Delica 3 for amazingly low prices here and there.

Back