Oppinion asked...

I really like the City Edge from Jens Anso. Can anyone give me their opinion on this knife (if there's anyone who has experience with this knife...) Especially the Damasteel version looks great. Any comments on the sheats are welcome too.

http://www.ansoknives.com/bvsset.htm

Serge,Don't have one, but I know Jens and he is a quality maker and a super person.And yes he does nice sheaths as well.Dave:)

I have a damasheep from Jens in vinland damasteel and it's a great little knife. The city edge looks great and should perform good too. My opinion is go for it!

Having worked with Jens before I would recomend him without hesitation. He make very nice knives for the price and is a good guy to chat with to boot. The large false edge hunter on his site was for me. It was out of Odin's eye damasteel and a very fine knife. Give him a shot. You will find he and damasteel good to work with:)

-Sam.

I do not own one, but a couple of knowing and trusted friends do (including the legendary Calvin Cooledge). Based on their feedback I would give the knives a thumbs up.

Based on my experience with Jens I do not see how you could go wrong.

Don't know the knife other than from pictures, but I would not hesitate for a minute to do a deal with Jens. He is a true gentleman and one of the real good guys. If you like the knife, go for it.

Damasteel is a very good steel that can be put to use on a user. It will hold up every bit as well as ATS34.

I am very conversant with Jens work and it is top drawer, I have 2 of his pieces and an exclusive he did for my site, and his attention to detail is great. They fit well in the hand, and are users if you wish to do so, or if you are like me the ones I have sits with the rest of my collection to be pulled out frequently and fondled.

I would say go for the gusto you can't go wrong!

Thanks to you all for your replies.

I ordered a City Edges in Damasteel with Dessert Ironwood handle.
I can hardly wait, but I'm affraid I have to... :)

You were right about Jens, it's a great guy to deal with.

If the time has come and my knife is ready I will post a picture
here in BladeForums.

Back