1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

[Or maybe not. More on post 22.]Maybe this is enough gaucho knives for now.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by scrteened porch, Jun 1, 2018.

1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks. I was happy to hear it.
    Funny the double-think I have about ages: Woh, 60 years is pretty old!/Wait a minute, I'm only 61.

[As for Elmo vs Eberle, I give up]
    Edited to add:
    I finally saw one that says (Abromo) Eberle on it, and has the twisted bugle.
    And one that says Elmo on it and has a helmet device on it.
    So I I think that settles it. I do have three Brazillians and one Argentine.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    Jack Black likes this.
  2. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    I have seven of them now. All are Brazillian Eberles (twisted bugle mark), except the short, broad, Argentinian Ju-ca of Tandil, the black wrapped one with no marks, and the home-made one with wood handles and leather sheath. I'm keeping an eye peeled for a Brazillian Elmo (helmet mark (duh, elmo is Portuguese for helmet)).
    Roughly in order of acquisition, except the wooden one belongs in the middle.
    [​IMG]
    The only one with a name is old Sweet Tooth, because it was made for a mechanical engineer on a sugar plantation in the 1960s.

3. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    The other side of old Sweet Tooth.
    [​IMG]

4. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    These are the same maker and almost the same size, but my first one with no tourist motifs is noticeably slimmer. (5.5" blades.)
    [​IMG]

5. scrteened porch

Feb 19, 2012
    The plain-bladed one is my latest. 7" blades on these.
    [​IMG]
    The gaucha-bladed one has this string around the shank of the belt tab. Someone tied the sheath to a belt, or the knife in the sheath? Maybe a real Gaucho, maybe a mall ninja.
    [​IMG]

6. sitflyer

sitflyer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2011
    [​IMG]

I have been eyeballin' this one for quite a while now, just never pull the trigger on it, maybe I'll grab one, you only live once. It looks like it would do well in a pinch in the kitchen.

7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Nice collection Her, very cool my friend :) :thumbsup:

knowtracks likes this.