Orange and Gold Custom

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Really like the looks of this combo when I saw it in an old thread. Finally ordered one when the BG-42 ship came in. I really do like the Fiji Orangewood scales with the golden brass bolsters.

Perfectly constructed. Locks up like a tank when open. This one didn't close with authority at first, but upon inspection, it had a lot of gunked grease in the pivot end. After some oiling and cleaning out, it closes down with a snap.

Great knife all around. I'm very happy with this purchase. :thumbup:

custom.jpg

That's a handsome, simple knife:thumbup: great combo...I also like it without the exposed rocker pin. Preston

Guyon, is the BG-42 blade on a custom 110 available now???

I'm hoping so, but I'm not absolutely sure. I still want to order one more BG-42 knife myself.

I'll probably order one and hope for the best.

Very nice looking 110!!!
I like it without the exposed rocker pin too. Neat!

That's a handsome, simple knife:thumbup: great combo...I also like it without the exposed rocker pin. Preston

Thanks, guys. Ya'll do realize that the rocker pin is up because the knife is half-open, right? :D

...because the knife is half-open, right? :D
Guyon, there is NO rocker PIN in the handle...did you order it that way or did it just come that way????

Most 110s have four pins in the handle, the large one sorta in the center is the rocker pin, which is absent on your custom. Preston

Guyon, there is NO rocker PIN in the handle...did you order it that way or did it just come that way????

Most 110s have four pins in the handle, the large one sorta in the center is the rocker pin, which is absent on your custom. Preston

Did you have to go and bust me right away? Can't you let a guy have a little fun? :D

I was trying to create a little CON-FU-SION. Damnable knife fanatics! :p

The pinless design was not a request. Just came that way, but I do like it.

Edited to add: Maybe the maker thought I didn't want rivets at first and then realized at the last minute that I did??? That was my thinking anyway.
Whatever the case, it's unusual to just have the three rivets. No complaints on my end.

Did you have to go and bust me right away? Can't you let a guy have a little fun? :D

The pinless design was not a request. Just came that way, but I do like it.

SORRY;) :eek: ;)

I liked it so much that I've been to the Buck site building my own:rolleyes:...but didn't see any where you could order without the rocker pin...so I've been waiting for the shop to open so's I could call and find out:) :confused: :).

So, you see it wasn't in vain,:p you had me going from the get-go. Preston

I liked it so much that I've been to the Buck site building my own:rolleyes:...but didn't see any where you could order without the rocker pin...so I've been waiting for the shop to open so's I could call and find out:) :confused: :).

Preston, I'm sure that the Shop can re-create one like it.

After all, the rivet-less knives don't reveal a rocker pin, so the shorter pins are a common stock item, no doubt.

Great knife. One little remark: a knife this good looking should come with a leather belt pouch!

What can I say? I'm a cordura kind of guy. :D

This one is going into my day pack for hiking. Might see some rain, so I specifically went with the nylon.

I will admit this though: The leather sheath that came with my Cabela's 110 is awfully nice, and I do use that one for hunting.

Great knife. One little remark: a knife this good looking should come with a leather belt pouch!

The cordura sheath is an option from the custom shop(I checked that out also:D)...Guyon, will have to say if it was his choice or not:rolleyes:. Preston

I checked out the web site myself and sure enough, the rivet or no rivet option is vague at best. If you click the riveted version, it shows all 4 rivets, 3 inlay and the rocker rivet.
I will see if I can get the official scoop on this and pass it on but it seems to me that we can be a little more clear on the rivet option.

Thanks Joe. To be honest, mine was a nice surprise. I like the neat look of it.

I do hope though that the rocker pin "rivet" isn't necessary to keep the wood good and tight. I don't know if this one was epoxied as well, but I sort of doubt it.

As it is, the scales are nicely fitted and tight.

Just put in another order for an Asian Waterbuffalo with no rivets. It'll be my first venture into Rivetless Land, but I know it'll be glued/epoxied.

I checked out the web site myself and sure enough, the rivet or no rivet option is vague at best. If you click the riveted version, it shows all 4 rivets, 3 inlay and the rocker rivet.
I will see if I can get the official scoop on this and pass it on but it seems to me that we can be a little more clear on the rivet option.

That would be cool Joe.
I posted a pic of the 110 BG-42 Walnut I have. Peeps were asking about that rocker pin then. I also have a 110 Mirror Custom Rosewood that has the rocker pin (like the 110AG). The AG has brass rivets and the Mirror has NS but both have the silver rocker.
My recent 110SamDam has rivets, but no rocker.
Personally, I like the 110 with pins but w/o the rocker.

So, clarification would be cool.

Thanks Joe...
Goose.

http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/94638398-L.jpg

http://mongoose.smugmug.com/photos/94638571-L.jpg

Anyway, back to the thread topic. GUYON, that orange is beautiful. Reminds me of a creamsicle 50/50 bar. Great looking knife and good to hear it is mechanically sound since you cleaned it up :)
I think the Custom Site needs to use better pics/representation on their previews...the fiji you have visually exceeds what I would expect based on the the site preview.

Back