Orange CTS XHP Para 3

These look great. Wondering what the pricing will look like, I’m hoping I can snag one of each.

I read on Instagram that there is a two knife limit per person for the first week. I may pick up a pair of the satin blade model.

I’ve been wishing for a new DLC/Orange CTS-XHP run! One the best looking combinations out there, I just don’t know if need another PM3, haha.

These should be up for sale this Friday at 10am MT. I’m in for a pair of the satin versions.

I don't have a Para 3 yet, so I'm going to see if I can nab one of these.

NP, just sitting here listening to a conf call... oops, I better pay attention now

Too bad about it not being with the stonewashed finish. That would've been nice.

Ok, I am open to education. I don’t have any CTS-XHP steel knife. I have 8 different para 3 knives in different exotic steels. Most of them have held a edge for so long that I haven’t even had to sharpen my maxamet, rex45, S110, s90 etc. so I can’t comment on sharpening difficulty or edge retention. I don’t want to miss out on a fantastic steel 6 months from now when I have the opportunity now to purchase one now. If this steel is not better than what has been released so far
this year I can pass on it. What say you?

I would say with 8 different Sprint/exclusive Para 3s you probably have the bases covered. Whether you need one or not is for you to decide, but as far as CTS-XHP goes it's basically a more stainless D2. It's a fairly middle of the road "super steel" with good edge holding ability while still being relatively easy to sharpen. I've been down the road of buying every available steel for my knife of choice (PM2) and you come to a point where you have so much redundancy that there's no point in getting more unless you just want to collect them all. Personally I settled on Cruwear as my steel of choice and now that's the only PM2 I use. You just have to figure out what properties you like best and find the steel(s) which most closely match your preference. XHP is no magic perfect steel, because there isn't one. They all are just different balances of the same properties.

Back