order status and projects

Had fun at the Reno show this weekend. Finishing up the last bits of the first leuku right now and then off and running on more order finishing.

It's also over 90 degrees. has been since saturday, apparently. In April.....

Had fun at the Reno show this weekend. Finishing up the last bits of the first leuku right now and then off and running on more order finishing.

It's also over 90 degrees. has been since saturday, apparently. In April.....

hahahah tell me about it. It hit 100 Monday and Tuesday here!

heat wave from Hades.

Next couple of weeks will be interesting. next week is finals for Ms. Koyote, and I am doing Logistics for the festival on mohter's Day weekend, so shop time will be limited but doable as we go along here.

Everything is going a bit slow this week because of the festival I do logistics for, but I've gotten a bit of shop time in

Pictures are coming. I've got a few to mail out that are running a bit behind, and a couple to heat treat today and we're getting back into the swing of things. I' also rigging a bit more fan space- we hit 104 saturday and 105 yesterday....in may!!! This is going to be a fun summer.

Glad to hear that you are doing well.
I hope that the heatwave breaks for you soon.
I am sure that we will be complaining about the heat and humidity soon.
However, tonight it is supposed to go down into the 30's with the possibility of scattered frost.

Christof --

On the order status post you have a trio of Sgian Dubhs in the works. Are these spoken for?

Just askin'... :rolleyes:

More sgian dubhs! 2 are orders right now.

I've got a few of the projects that I'm just waiting on handle material for and a couple that are time limited due to father's day. Not any of the sgian dubhs, just a note on the shop.

Brad- I have a few on order right now, if you send me an email with some specifics- whether you want something close to KGDs or longer/shorter I can give you a basic price and a timeline. I am working on one that's on order right now and doign 2 others alongside it, so it's very possible for it to be reasonably quick.

another EDC spearpoint: (wulfsrhunting, I am working on getting you pix. I'm also trying to get osage in my hands, everything I have is TOO SMALL. Big knife!)

Okay, anyway, EDC up on the forsale area, I figure photos here:

201-1.jpg

201-4.jpg

201-5.jpg

Okay, anyway, the EDC knife style here is a bit different from my basic end all be all bushcrafter. It's generally less broad and I use a spearpoint or a modified drop point on most. (One of the mods has a straight spined version with a full belly that's pretty sweet)

The handle has some contour, and while I generally prefer straight, nearly tubelike handles for comfort and adaptability, the contour does some good things. In stabbing or thrusting a lot of importance is placed on a forward guard by some people. Yet you see knives throughout history that lack the forward guard.

The contours I put in really do best with a more asian style of holding where the REAR two fingers work with the (properly angled) palm to wedge the knife in place when thrusting. It's hard to explain, and hard to photograph, because it relies on the muscle and bone layout, and I'm not really fond of vivisection.

With any contour at all, the forward part of the hand is trying to push the knife backwards out of your hand instead of forwards. So this... oh, hell- I HATE the cult of otaku, but- this japanese style of grip really works out.

Beautiful Spearpoint, Real Nice "I Like It" ! I'd be all over It but I'm saving for my Month of July Big Blade Order, Oh Ya ! Nice Work Christof, Is this Knife # 201 ?

Any pictures of the Sgian Dubhs? If the third isn't spoken for.....

You think Sierra could do a neck-style sheath? Tip down of course.

Just askin'....:D

Any pictures of the Sgian Dubhs? If the third isn't spoken for.....

You think Sierra could do a neck-style sheath? Tip down of course.

Just askin'....:D

Probably, I mean, I don't see why not. It might be a little bigger than I would want around my neck, but the customer is always right, right? :D. Oh, and I don't know what's spoken for and what isn't.... Christof will have to answer that one...

Back