Oregon Trail, anyone?

Z2OL9TK.jpg

Ok, made it to Trail guide...can quit now😁

Oregon3.jpg

Ok, made it to Trail guide...can quit now😁

View attachment 2195561
Damn! Great job!
I grew up playing this on a 3 1/2" hard disc, and I thought it was barely possible to cross the finish line as a banker.
(I was in 4th grade, so I probably didn't have the brains to figure out a good strategy.)

It's fun to come back and play this again all these years later.

Damn! Great job!
I grew up playing this on a 3 1/2" hard disc, and I thought it was barely possible to cross the finish line as a banker.
(I was in 4th grade, so I probably didn't have the brains to figure out a good strategy.)

It's fun to come back and play this again all these years later.
Thanks! Definitely some luck involved (twice had a thief steal all my oxen 🤬). First time I tried the farmer I barely made it to the end and only got like 800 points (tripled to 2400), so I stuck with carpenter for a while. But that 6300 was as a farmer. Would have been a bit higher but one of my people randomly died even though the health was good.

Thanks! Definitely some luck involved (twice had a thief steal all my oxen 🤬). First time I tried the farmer I barely made it to the end and only got like 800 points (tripled to 2400), so I stuck with carpenter for a while. But that 6300 was as a farmer. Would have been a bit higher but one of my people randomly died even though the health was good.
Yeah- I once had a thief come and steal 9/10 oxen. Another time I had a thief steal one bullet. These thieves are all over the map. Fire in my wagon is another one that will usually make things difficult.

Farmer is the way to go. You get really good at the janky hunting controls, however.

I’m surprised how well this game holds up.

Yeah- I once had a thief come and steal 9/10 oxen. Another time I had a thief steal one bullet. These thieves are all over the map. Fire in my wagon is another one that will usually make things difficult.

Farmer is the way to go. You get really good at the janky hunting controls, however.

I’m surprised how well this game holds up.
That's another reason I stayed away from farmer...made it quite a bit longer with all the hunting. And I love the randomness of that too...so many times you're at the very edge of the screen with only one or 2 open directions you can even shoot.

That's another reason I stayed away from farmer...made it quite a bit longer with all the hunting. And I love the randomness of that too...so many times you're at the very edge of the screen with only one or 2 open directions you can even shoot.
Did you know that if you pressed "enter" that your guy will walk?

Even with that though, the game definitely can put enough obstacles out there that you can't even walk anywhere more advantageous to shoot something.

Did you know that if you pressed "enter" that your guy will walk?

Even with that though, the game definitely can put enough obstacles out there that you can't even walk anywhere more advantageous to shoot something.
Did not know that, d'oh! Couple other nice things are how once you do shoot something, it then blocks shots, and you can't shoot again until the current bullet either hits something or goes off the edge of the screen. But all in all, not bad for being 50+ years old!

"Organ Trail"? I made one of those last night when I puked my guts out from drinking too much. Oh, man... 🤢

I feel like I'm about to do it again too. Probably not though. Memorial Day weekend... ugh.

Back