Oregon Trail Knife

I've had this knife done for a few days but wasn't sure how I wanted to work the sheath since I was going to use moose rawhide a friend had given me. This was the first time messing with it and I'm sure once the rawhide is gone I'll leave it alone but still it works well with this knife. I forgot to measure the knife but I'm sure the blade is just over 6", made from L-6. The fittings are wrought iron and the handle is a real old weathered piece of mule deer crown. Its around 12" overall......
PDRM0929.JPG

Another one I like... I've been asked to make a frontier style skinner and this one looks the right type of inspiration, Ray. The ring on the buttend is a nice touch. And the sheath really adds so much to the character. Good one (again).

PS.- I'm wondering, would it still look the part if the blade had a plunge cut rather than bevelled the entire length ? Just thinking out loud. Jason.

Jason, I'm sure it would look fine with a plung cut. I'm not even sure I remember how to do one anymore........ :confused:

Jason! I think we have some inspiration for my ramshorn! :eek:

I like! Nice job!

Same knife, different sheath. When I had taken the picture with the rawhide sheath I guess it wasn't all the way dried out. Tried to put it in and no way it was going. I made this one over the weekend.
PDRM0933.JPG