Original BUSSE prices

Does anyone know what the original cost of the BUSSE Mean Street was? Resale prices seem to be all over the map.

It would be great if one of you collectors out there would make a post of discontinued knives and their original prices.

Dave,
Don't quote me on this but I think the INFI MS was priced at about $237. I'm not sure what the original A2 price was. Hope this helps. :)
There are a lot of discontinued Busse Knives out there, I don't think I could even come close to naming all of them. I'm sure Andre or one of the other dealers could do a better job on that.

I think I paid about 150 for my A2 MS back in '96. Prices went up shortly after I got it (delivery was 8-10 mos.)

A-2 Mean Streets were originally $187.00 and ended up at $217.00

Hope this helps,

Jerry

With such a healthy "aftermarket" for BUSSE knives, it really helps to understand the original price points.

Andre Dumouchel called this afternoon to inform me that Mean Streets were originally $157.00. He has the flyer. Now you can see why I need for he and Marc (Contender) to assemble the list of values... Did you know that the Badger Attack was originally $137.00???? No? Me neither ;)

Yours in nuclearocketing values,

Jerry

Jerry, you not into the Label, are you???? My price list
has the
Mean Street at $137.00.
Badger Attack $167.00
Steel Heart II $247.00
Combat Recruit $77.00
American Kensei $587.00
Stealth Hawk $137.00

Jerry,
If I send in this order form, I will get these prices, right??? :rolleyes: :p

Chip,. . . .. hmmmmmm. . .now that you mention it. . . . .. .Mabel has just reminded me that they were $137.00 . .. .. What the . .. ?

Man, I'm gonna need to get some sleep one of these days. . . . . live the dream!

Jerry

American Kensei? What is this knife? :) Never heard this mentioned by anyone before, anyone got a pic or atleast the specs?

God, I've been on a Solaris workstation all day, and just can't seem to type correctly at high speeds now that I'm back on a standard win-layout keyboard :) Ugh...

DN, The AK isn't a knife, it's a sword!!!:eek:
Blade length 15 1/2"
Overall length 25 12"
31 oz.
A-2 Steel
Kinda looks like a Samuri sword to me.

Dave,
I'm glad I said not to "quote me" on my prices. I see now I was way off, I would be interested to know what the original price on the MS in INFI was though.

I think the LMS was $217 or $227. See one of those occasionally on the forums, too (not for that price, unfortunately).

Badger Attack was originally $137???:eek:
Yeah, I remember when I could have bought HK91s for $795 a pop, too:(

Man, back when I had my FFL, I got a flyer from HK with the 91, 93, OR 94 for $400 each.

Oh well, days long gone.....

When you talk about resale values, you have to think about the American Kensei. Not only do you never see it come up for sale, you never even see any pics of it. Dark Nemesis, I do believe it might sway your interest in straight handled Battle Mistress (what, "heresay!" but wait until you see one!).

Anyway, I wonder what current classics will end up like the American Kensei (and the legendary "knuckle knife"). Perhaps the Lean Mean Street, or some of the newer custom models (like the Flying Tiger).

Time will tell....

So Andre, where are those 'value lists' that Jerry is talking about?!?!

Was this past spring for $1600.00 I saw it as it posted and passed on it. Andre snapped it up shortly there after.

Back