• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Osograndeknives legit?

Greek_God

Gold Member
Let me start off by apologizing if this is in a wrong section this is my second post on this forum.

So I was looking for knife retailers online and came across osogrande have you guys had good experiences with them because I want to purchase my 3rd knife for my oh so small collection that will hopefully grow over time (Got my first knife yesterday). Are they a good reputable company?

Last edited:
They've been around a while. I've ordered from them before. It's been a while, but I didn't have any issues with my order.

They've been around a while. I've ordered from them before. It's been a while, but I didn't have any issues with my order.

Alright thanks was my first time hearing of them was just making sure guess ima put in my order tomorrow after work.

Look them up on GB&U first.... I could have sworn they had some iffy dealings here not too long ago.... I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was them.

You may want to just check it out.

Items show in stock when they are not.Their website is not always up to date and maybe list discontinued items as in stock when in fact they do not.

They told me they had stuff in stock when they didn't. They didn't ship until it was ordered to them and finally arrived. Last but not least they shipped to a neighbor and swore he never returned it and I had to wait more. I ended up having words with the neighbor and he swore he sent the package back, Osogrande finally found the knife and at that point I really don't recall if I canceled the order or kept the knife which was about 3-4 weeks late by that time.

No more. Lying about something being in stock is enough to keep me from doing more business. If someone lies over something trivial you know you can't trust them when things go bad.

This was 5-6 years ago. I have a long memory and will not order from them 30 years from now even.

:)

Joe

They told me they had stuff in stock when they didn't. They didn't ship until it was ordered to them and finally arrived. Last but not least they shipped to a neighbor and swore he never returned it and I had to wait more. I ended up having words with the neighbor and he swore he sent the package back, Osogrande finally found the knife and at that point I really don't recall if I canceled the order or kept the knife which was about 3-4 weeks late by that time.

No more. Lying about something being in stock is enough to keep me from doing more business. If someone lies over something trivial you know you can't trust them when things go bad.

This was 5-6 years ago. I have a long memory and will not order from them 30 years from now even.

Joe

Yeah, I've gotten the impression that OsoGrandeKnives should not be used, but I haven't used them.

Knifesupply also seems to be a drop-shipper, or whatever it's called -- I found the knives I wanted and asked if they had them in stock. The guy who does the customer service said yes, or otherwise implied that they were in stock. I wouldn't have ordered something that was out of stock. After a day or 2, they still hadn't shipped, so I asked why, and he said they were out of stock, and had to order from somewhere else.

Also, I sent them several more e-mails (Questions.) while waiting for the package, but none were answered. This was my second order with them, and on both orders I got the knives I ordered in a timely manner once they'd shipped. It just seems like communication might be a bit of a problem with them.

Last edited:
I've ordered from them in the past. No problem. I'm currently waiting for them to have the Thai machete from Cold Steel in stock, to place the order.

I ordered from them once, no issues to speak of. I have read about accusations of them being shady on occassion though.

Joe

Not quite the same experience, but close. I purchased an LE from them (or so I thought) and passed on getting that knife from elsewhere only to be informed several days later that they no longer had the knife in stock. They refunded my money, but left me in a position where the knives were then sold out everywhere.

Prior to that, I had purchased 3 or 4 knives from them with no issue.

Just got something in the mail from them today. I ordered it about 3-4 weeks ago along with another fixed blade. I recieved the first one 3 days or so after the order. These took so long because they didn't have them in stock. I was a little pissed when first hearing this but today I noticed they didn't charge my card for the ones that weren't in stock to just a day or two ago right before shipping. All in all, I'd say they're somewhat unorganized but 100% legit and also have stuff I can't find anywhere else.

I ordered from Oso Grande Knife & Tool Company last year. They didn't have real-time inventory status update which is no good to me. After the online order I got a call that they didn't have one item in stock so I substituted. That was June 2013 and I have not ordered since and probably won't. Reminds me of another outfit with no real-time inventory status: Knife Outlet.

If you order something from them I would make sure you want it..

Rules regarding returns..

(1) No returns accepted after 15 days.

(2) All returns MUST be pre-approved and have an authorized return merchandise number (RMA#). No returns accepted without an RMA#. RMA #'s have a validity period of 10 days from the date of issue. Returns will be handled via the phone only, no other methods will be accepted.

(3) ALL RETURNS ARE SUBJECT TO A MINIMUM 20% CHARGE (Except miss-shipped product).

Ouch:eek:

Back