Osprey K/T and Beverages

Warrior108

Platinum Member
Post em up. Pick your poison!

Starting mine off with Saturday morning coffee along with the Commando CF Apache K

CFCommandoApacheCoffee2-vi.jpg

CFCommandoApacheCoffee1-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Post em up. Pick your poison!

Starting mine off with Saturday morning coffee along with the Commando CF Apache K

CFCommandoApacheCoffee2-vi.jpg

CFCommandoApacheCoffee1-vi.jpg

Thank you for starting this thread Jerry! Good Idea. I enjoyed seeing pictures of the (K) Apache again. I am a coffee drinker as well.

7bb1179f573477008b985703cc81fcb3.jpg

Yerba Matè and Danny's Raptor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your contribution Douglas, I did a quick read up on the Yerba Maté, I have not had the pleasure of trying any, I am intrigued though!

Thank you for starting this thread Jerry! Good Idea. I enjoyed seeing pictures of the (K) Apache again. I am a coffee drinker as well.

Thank you for your contribution Douglas, I did a quick read up on the Yerba Maté, I have not had the pleasure of trying any, I am intrigued though!

Chris, Let me know if you do want to try it and I'll send you some resources

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week my wife and I took a trip over to the east coast of FL to visit her brother. While in the Ft Lauderdale area we made a stop at the Funky Buddha Brewery to sample their "funky" craft beers and since it was burger night, to nosh on an awesome burger. My O,K&T EDU went along for the ride:

IMG_0848_zpskpsdohra.jpg

We began our evening with a flight of FB brewski's:

IMG_0832_zps4xkow0sg.jpg

The Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber handle caught the light just right. We attempted to play "Spin the EDU" to make our selection......lets just say the knife did not want any part of it:

IMG_0833_zps9fvsevyj.jpg

When I settled in on a full pint of the "Last Snow Porter" w/ hints of coconut & coffee to go with my burger I noticed that the foam took the shape of a dove:

IMG_0836_zpsttrchjnm.jpg

The walls inside the brewery were filled with colorful graphics. This particular one seemed to play homage to both the brewery's mission, as well as, that of Osprey Knife & Tool given Chris's recent creative streak:

IMG_0827_zpsect9d7ox.jpg

Cheers to all who enjoy a good craft beer, along with the craftsmanship of Chris Linton !

:thumbup: Last Snow Porter sounds right up my ally!

You need to make your way in my direction to do a whirlwind tour of the breweries in Fort Collins! It would probably take a couple days, I think we're up to 23. I've lost track of all of the options...

This week my wife and I took a trip over to the east coast of FL to visit her brother. While in the Ft Lauderdale area we made a stop at the Funky Buddha Brewery to sample their "funky" craft beers and since it was burger night, to nosh on an awesome burger. My O,K&T EDU went along for the ride:

Cheers to all who enjoy a good craft beer, along with the craftsmanship of Chris Linton !

Oh yeah, got some brews going in the thread! Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Mannn, I MISS living in Colorado and having access to the endless microbrew selections.

Oh yeah, got some brews going in the thread! Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

Mannn, I MISS living in Colorado and having access to the endless microbrew selections.

Come on out for a visit!

:thumbup: Last Snow Porter sounds right up my ally!

You need to make your way in my direction to do a whirlwind tour of the breweries in Fort Collins! It would probably take a couple days, I think we're up to 23. I've lost track of all of the options...

Man, you're not kidding Orion. I just took a quick look via Google and the options seem endless. Which are your favorites ?

Man, you're not kidding Orion. I just took a quick look via Google and the options seem endless. Which are your favorites ?

Endless indeed! I actually don't drink a ton, surprisingly with all the options. Maybe one or two a week if that. I haven't even been to all of them, but pretty much every one has something that a beer drinker will enjoy. My favorite breweries in terms of quality beers or ones that I order over others would probably be Odell's, Horse and Dragon, Black Bottle, I've also heard good things about Zwei! In Loveland just south of us there is Grimm Brothers and Big Beaver, among several others. We've also got a couple good cider places if you're into that. New Belgium is sort of a must see if you're doing a brewery tour, but lately in terms of beers I've been more interested in other options. Let me know when you're planning on visiting! :D

This thread is making my thirsty and wanting to play with knives. All we need now is an OKT & Food topic started and I'm done for.

I've been getting into the alternate fermentation methods (vs. straight Saccharomyces) for the last few years. A side product of my occupation, I guess. I brew many of my own, but the diversity you see in the micro brews of the west is astounding.

Peter, since you like wine you should try some of the Berliner weisse, golden sours, and kettle sours aged in chardonnay barrels. More like champagne than beer. Interesting stuff. There's a brewery in Tampa (Green Bench) that makes a kettle soured IPA called Surrealist IPA that I like. Also a ton of that going on around Ashville, NC. Of note - Wicked Weed Brewing's "Funkatorium".

I've been getting into the alternate fermentation methods (vs. straight Saccharomyces) for the last few years. A side product of my occupation, I guess. I brew many of my own, but the diversity you see in the micro brews of the west is astounding.

Peter, since you like wine you should try some of the Berliner weisse, golden sours, and kettle sours aged in chardonnay barrels. More like champagne than beer. Interesting stuff. There's a brewery in Tampa (Green Bench) that makes a kettle soured IPA called Surrealist IPA that I like. Also a ton of that going on around Ashville, NC. Of note - Wicked Weed Brewing's "Funkatorium".

Thanks for the tip Phillip. Next time we're up that way I'll check out Green Bench. I'll also keep my eye out for the brews aged in chardonnay barrels, they sound interesting and worth a try. Hey, its Friday, time to get thirsty !

Endless indeed! I actually don't drink a ton, surprisingly with all the options. Maybe one or two a week if that. I haven't even been to all of them, but pretty much every one has something that a beer drinker will enjoy. My favorite breweries in terms of quality beers or ones that I order over others would probably be Odell's, Horse and Dragon, Black Bottle, I've also heard good things about Zwei! In Loveland just south of us there is Grimm Brothers and Big Beaver, among several others. We've also got a couple good cider places if you're into that. New Belgium is sort of a must see if you're doing a brewery tour, but lately in terms of beers I've been more interested in other options. Let me know when you're planning on visiting! :D

OK, you may have to explain their market positioning to me. BTW, one must be careful if you try and google big beavers :eek:

bbbc-logo-brown_zpssnndouca.png

Thanks for the tip Phillip. Next time we're up that way I'll check out Green Bench. I'll also keep my eye out for the brews aged in chardonnay barrels, they sound interesting and worth a try. Hey, its Friday, time to get thirsty !

There's a wealth of good places that make sour ales in the Tampa area (I'm there every 6-8 weeks for work). You'll also see many aged on grape varietals and in red wine barrels. Not for everyone's palate, but they are sometimes aged for years, and are served much like wine - 22 oz. bottle with a cork. Unfortunately, many times priced like wine too. Limited releases, allocations, yada yada... I'd try a few on tap that you can find and like before I'd going down that path.

Well this thread certainly took an unexpected turn. My stomach hurts from laughing at the last few posts .. and the link. Thanks :D

Haha! Always humorous going in there for a beer. The Juicy Peach Ale is delicious and the Whiskey Dick Stout is awesome as well. They also have pretty darn good brats.

Did you say Weed Brewing Company in Asheville, NC? Melissa and I can vouch for the excellent beer and food there. One of our favorite stops on the post-Blade Show road trip.

I didn’t take any of the new knives to the restaurant that day, but these two were fresh on my mind.

Phil

Back