1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Osprey K/T User Pictures

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Post up your pictures of Osprey K/T's in use. What do you use your Osprey K/T for?
    Add a little description with the pictures too.

2. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    "Friday knife" or possibly "San Gabriel" blade, Gillespie county, Texas and two from Georgia, OK&T Apache and FF Bushcrafter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Thats pretty cool Doug, I found some arrow heads and a spear head on our property growing up, I like to think that some of my inspiration in few of my designs come from the A,erican indians, mainly the leave shaped blade. Thank yuo for sharing pictures of your find with us.

4. Kymedic45

Kymedic45 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Here's my Mamushi Doing a little work!

[​IMG]

#iwishicouldtakepicslikedanny :) lol

5. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Yeah Man![emoji106][emoji106]

6. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Hell yeah Brian thanks for sharing, I love seeing my work getting put to use!

7. TLA

TLA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2002
    Raptor "K" variant slicing up some rotisserie chicken and tomatoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TLA

Nov 25, 2002
    Raptor "K" variant used to slice some polish sausage, dice up some potatoes and slice some onions to make some breakfast for my wife. I love the full length edge on this knife as it allows me to use the edge closet to the handle for my chopping / dicing. This knife is a real pleasure to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TLA

Nov 25, 2002
    Lastly I used my Raptor "K" variant to prepare some homemade tartar sauce using some mayonnaise that my wife made us. This was served with our salmon cakes and grilled cauliflower. I used the front portion of the blade to the tip to slice and fine dice my dill pickles. To say that I love this knife is an understatement, it feels great in the hand and has performed above and beyond.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Dang! That all looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, looks like a handy knife in the kitchen.

11. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Great pics TLA. The food looks tasty too. Cooking is a lot more fun when you have good tools to work with.

"K" Raptor #2 just got delivered to my work address today. My initial impression is a big "Wow!" I share your enthusiasm for this model. I am looking forward to putting it to use ASAP.

Phil

12. Warrior108

Warrior108 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Wow, it looks like that K Raptor earned it's keep already. Food looks great and now I'm hungry for dinner .. at breakfast time :)

Thanks for sharing the pics and experience.

13. varga49

May 1, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Warthog landed! Thanks Chris

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  14. Warrior108

Warrior108 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Beautiful collection Douglas!!

... but now you need to collect their matching K variants ;)

15. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Thanks!! I'm on it Jerry [emoji106][emoji106]

16. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

TLA,
    That food looks delicious!! It made me want to go and gook something like this. It appears the (K) Raptor perform well in all of the tasks you put it through. Thank you for sharing your photos with us! This is the first time I have seen the (K) Raptor in action outside of my hands and It was a real pleasure to see! What aspect of the knife stood out to you or did you like the most?

17. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

18. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Chris, I'll be happy to share a story with you about the white buffalo phenomena as it applies to the plains peoples....Lakota, Dakota, and Nakota people in particular.

19. TLA

Nov 25, 2002
    I think the design of the handle stands out the most to me. I love the way the finger groove along with the palm swell helps lock the knife in my hand with various grips. The profile of the blade has the right amount of sweep to it which allows me to use different parts of the edge for different applications in the kitchen. I think this knife will also make a good fishing knife for me this coming up salmon season. I like to bleed my salmon and with this fine tip the blade should slide under the gill plates nice and easy to cut the gills. I wouldn't hesitate to process out my salmon with the Raptor. Another thing that I love is that this knife is in Cpm-154 steel as it happens to be one of my favorite stainless steels out there. I've already got my eyes on a couple more knives you make and eventually I will get them as well.

A big thank you to all that complimented me on my food post and yes the food tasted great.

20. varga49

May 1, 2016
    "You Sir are a Cook" quote from Anthony Bourdain