Osprey K/T Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever plan on using any of the marbled carbon fiber?

I have looked at it a few times and considered using it. I wanted to see how well my current stash of Carbon Fiber moved before I got to heavy into it. But it seems carbon fiber moves pretty fast so I will probably do more as well as some marbled.

:thumbup: no rush!

Thanks Man!

Absolutely! Take all the time you need, Chris.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Warthog in CPM154, high grind, tapered tang, blue twill bolsters with carbon finer or black g10 over blue liners.

Pretty generic, right?

Warthog in CPM154, high grind, tapered tang, blue twill bolsters with carbon finer or black g10 over blue liners.

Pretty generic, right?

I like that Idea, the only issue I see is the Bolster material. I have not been able to locate any of that material thincker than 3/16" I would need a peice that is atleast a 1/4". I will keep an eye out for the right thickness or a comperable material.

Hey Chris,

I was thinking about this as more of just an idea for a possible future design...

The Warthog is one of your somewhat smaller EDC type knife patterns and I was thinking that it might be a good basis for creating a new larger family member pattern with a similar slightly beefier handle and a ~4" to ~4-1/4" blade?

Maybe a little bit like how Andy used his earlier more slender Ladyfinger as a basis for the later Bushfinger. Or perhaps cross an Apache with a Warthog... So the Apache blade along with a scaled up Warthog handle?

Hey Chris,

I was thinking about this as more of just an idea for a possible future design...

The Warthog is one of your somewhat smaller EDC type knife patterns and I was thinking that it might be a good basis for creating a new larger family member pattern with a similar slightly beefier handle and a ~4" to ~4-1/4" blade?

Maybe a little bit like how Andy used his earlier more slender Ladyfinger as a basis for the later Bushfinger. Or perhaps cross an Apache with a Warthog... So the Apache blade along with a scaled up Warthog handle?

I like that Idea and it has crossed my mind before. I feel a designing itch coming on. I'll have to give this some serious consideration. Thank for the suggestion

Something really close to this

Warthog-
3/32 (.097”) CPM154 Tapered Tang
Commando OD Green G10 (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 1/2”
Blade 3 1/2”

Warthog-
3/32 (.097”) CPM154 Tapered Tang
Commando OD Green G10 (Sandblasted)
OAL 7 1/2”
Blade 3 1/2”[/QUOTE]

This combination should come up here soon. I am stocked up on OD green G10 and I like making the Commando variants.

Two questions:

Do you have any idea when you might start making some of the knives mentioned in this thread?

When you do make some of these, will they just be interspersed in your usual sales threads, or will they be sold in a different way?

Two questions:

Do you have any idea when you might start making some of the knives mentioned in this thread?

When you do make some of these, will they just be interspersed in your usual sales threads, or will they be sold in a different way?

I have aquired the material and started on a few, I am currently finishing up some requests that I took earlier in the year before I had my own hosted forum. Those guy's have been waiting awhile as a result of me only being able to work on my knives Part-time. Now that I am essentially working Full-time for myself and part-time for Fiddle back forge. I imagine I will be able to complete a couple of these a month. The delay has been for a couple of reasons. Blade Show pretty much depleted most of my materials. I am restocked on a lot of material now. Also transitioning from being a Full-time Fiddleback employee to Part-time and Full- Time for myself took a few weeks to get used too. I had to adapt my work schedule and flow of manufacturing to accommadate the up tick in sales as well as not to conflict with Fiddleback production since I am working out of the same facility.

The wish list thread is meant to serve as an informal request list. There are a couple of reason I chose to do this. One of the biggest reason is I stopped taking custom orders. This was a though descision for me to make as I feel that the custom orders where benificial to me and the customer in a sense. But I found out quickly I was not able to keep up with the orders as quickly as I like. I found myself getting tied up alot answering questions, responding to emails given that I had a list when I opened my books up that was pretty long.

I wont go as far as saying that I wasnt good at custom orders but I do feel that it takes many times longer to make a custom knife than normal. This is due to having to aquire specific material I may not have on hand at the time, going back and checking to make sure I have all of the details right and communicating with the client.

I felt that this would be some sort of middle ground, as well as letting me see in one place were my customer demand is at. The Idea is that I will choose a request based on materials I have available at the moment and time to dedicate to that piece. Once I choose your request I will contact that person soon before or soon after I begin to give the customer a heads up. I then will be able to give a rough estimate on when I will complete the project. Once I complete it I will reach out to the customer and give them first right of refusal. If the customer is not satisfied with the final product which (knock on wood) I have never had happen. I will then list it on one of several media platforms that I sell my knives through.

I imagine at some point that I will make a knife that is on the wish list unintentionally and it will end up listed for sale. I will try my best to avoid this. I hope this gives you and everyone else a better Idea as to my goals and intentions for this thread.

I will list some general guidelines and intructions soon at the beggining of this thread in one of the reserved post. I will let you guy's know when I update it.

I have aquired the material and started on a few, I am currently finishing up some requests that I took earlier in the year before I had my own hosted forum. Those guy's have been waiting awhile as a result of me only being able to work on my knives Part-time. Now that I am essentially working Full-time for myself and part-time for Fiddle back forge. I imagine I will be able to complete a couple of these a month. The delay has been for a couple of reasons. Blade Show pretty much depleted most of my materials. I am restocked on a lot of material now. Also transitioning from being a Full-time Fiddleback employee to Part-time and Full- Time for myself took a few weeks to get used too. I had to adapt my work schedule and flow of manufacturing to accommadate the up tick in sales as well as not to conflict with Fiddleback production since I am working out of the same facility.

The wish list thread is meant to serve as an informal request list. There are a couple of reason I chose to do this. One of the biggest reason is I stopped taking custom orders. This was a though descision for me to make as I feel that the custom orders where benificial to me and the customer in a sense. But I found out quickly I was not able to keep up with the orders as quickly as I like. I found myself getting tied up alot answering questions, responding to emails given that I had a list when I opened my books up that was pretty long.

I wont go as far as saying that I wasnt good at custom orders but I do feel that it takes many times longer to make a custom knife than normal. This is due to having to aquire specific material I may not have on hand at the time, going back and checking to make sure I have all of the details right and communicating with the client.

I felt that this would be some sort of middle ground, as well as letting me see in one place were my customer demand is at. The Idea is that I will choose a request based on materials I have available at the moment and time to dedicate to that piece. Once I choose your request I will contact that person soon before or soon after I begin to give the customer a heads up. I then will be able to give a rough estimate on when I will complete the project. Once I complete it I will reach out to the customer and give them first right of refusal. If the customer is not satisfied with the final product which (knock on wood) I have never had happen. I will then list it on one of several media platforms that I sell my knives through.

I imagine at some point that I will make a knife that is on the wish list unintentionally and it will end up listed for sale. I will try my best to avoid this. I hope this gives you and everyone else a better Idea as to my goals and intentions for this thread.

I will list some general guidelines and intructions soon at the beggining of this thread in one of the reserved post. I will let you guy's know when I update it.
All of that sounds great. Thank you for the information.

A Mamushi with swedged 3/32" Tapered Tang CPM154 to match this Shark. If not Tangerine Shadetree, then maybe a Red Shadetree.

Thanks,
Jerry

WAS Wed 5/25/16 - Shark with tangerine burlap over black liners with white pinstripes flat ground on 3/32” A2 SFT

47485896787398-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Ranger - OD canvas over thick natural liners & natural pins in 5/32" s35vn or cpm154, 'fiddletextured' flats, higher grind preferred.

An EDU with 1095 steel. I intend to use it for whittling so I would need a thin blade profile without sacrificing apex stability. I'm not particular on scales materials since I've seen past work for the EDU's and they all look amazing. I wouldn't mind a toxic green theme though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back