Osprey Knife & Tool Behind the Scenes & Preview Thread.

Osprey Knife & Tool

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Work in progress pictures from the last few days, I sculpted these thirteen handles with one used 36 grit belt on a 8" and 1 1/2" contact wheel. Next, I will refine the shape and symmetry with individually with a hand file.

Comprehensivist

Platinum Member
^ Lookin’ good Chris. I like that your handles have evolved to be thicker over the years. Thinner handles may be easier to carry, but thicker handles (with thin blades) are much nicer to use for an extended period of time. That green bolstered Mini Mamushi is a good example of that.

Well done my friend! Thanks for the in-process photos.

Phil

Osprey Knife & Tool

^ Lookin’ good Chris. I like that your handles have evolved to be thicker over the years. Thinner handles may be easier to carry, but thicker handles (with thin blades) are much nicer to use for an extended period of time. That green bolstered Mini Mamushi is a good example of that.

Well done my friend! Thanks for the in-process photos.

Phil

Thanks Phil! I still have a little variation to the handle thicknesses depending on the materials at hand and my mood. Overall since my last Blade Show in 2017 my knife handles definetly have more girth.

Osprey Knife & Tool

Stunningly handsome knives Chris! They all look great. The Vildmark in particular takes the prize for me. :thumbsup:

Phil

Wow, agree with Phil, they all look incredible, but that Vildmark would be the prize of any collection!

Thanks guy's! I am pretty pleased with all of them. The Vildmark is quite a specimen. :D:cool: