Oss style bladed coin

Heres a oss style one dollar coin with a folding L-6 blade for a customer.

Attachments

• DSC04966 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC04966 (600 x 450).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC04968 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC04968 (600 x 450).jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC04969 (600 x 450).jpg
    DSC04969 (600 x 450).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 156
mstephen
Very nice! But it makes me think could you cut a grove part of the way through the coin and make a friction folder/slippie out of it? Or would it be easier to take 2 coins and grind down the opposite sides and pin a blade in the middle.
Again nice one!
Ray

I made it like the originals,just a pivoting blade on a coin.Heres a pic with an original.

Attachments

• OSS%20kit%202 (600 x 450).jpg
    OSS%20kit%202 (600 x 450).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
That's cool. What is it used for? When you open it up, does the blade stop or does it want to keep going aroung? Thanks

The pin holds it pretty firm,you can cut with it without the blade moving.Id imagine it was made for a last ditch cutting tool that might be missed during a frisking.

i sent you an email a few days ago, regarding these OSS coins... did you get it??

WOW!!! Check out that little hook on the ring in that OSS package....

That's pretty damn neat...

Cool gadgets man...

DM

The pin holds it pretty firm,you can cut with it without the blade moving.Id imagine it was made for a last ditch cutting tool that might be missed during a frisking.

This is actually the exact usage I done a little research into oss methods

I went to D.C. on my honeymoon and toured the Spy Museum they have there.
They have examples of a bunch of cool small knives.
However, I don't remember one of these.
They did have a small hooked blade, think of a can opener on a swiss army knife that is a sharpened blade, it was used to slash or cut any type of fuel line or cable on a car truck or train.
The operators would be trained on how to get close to targets and use it so that it would slow down the enemy asset yet not be obvious to an observer.

Really neat stuff.

Back