OT - Cleaning up Solder Joint

Well, let me be the first to post off topic here... :D

I got some good help yesterday trying to determine why my soldering job didn't work. I think I unevenly heated the parts and got it too hot to boot. Now I have a mess in the guard slot.

I don't have a small enough wire brush for my dremel to get in there to clean up the mess; any suggestions?

Okay, okay - I'm just kidding!!! I can figure that one out. I was just being a wise acre. I had to. It's genetic. And early in the morning.

Thanks Kit and Spark, for the new forum.

WTF?
Bringing work to the watercooler is grounds for 30 lashes with a worn out belt :eek: ;)

If you have the little arbor for the cut off wheels for your dremel get a green scothbrite scouring pad at your local grocery store and cut it up into 1" squares and the stick the arbor into the center and you'll have the joint cleaned and ready to finish in less than 5 minutes.

Tony

tonym said:
If you have the little arbor for the cut off wheels for your dremel get a green scothbrite scouring pad at your local grocery store and cut it up into 1" squares and the stick the arbor into the center and you'll have the joint cleaned and ready to finish in less than 5 minutes.

Tony

Now why didn't I think of that? Thanks Tony, good tip

Kit Carson said:
I'm confused. This is OT.

hehehehehehehe.....

didn't take long before we got ya banging yer head against the wall, eh, Kit?? :eek: :D

Sorry Kit, I just had to. :D I figure if I can be the dumbass that broke the last rule, I can be the first one here. :rolleyes: :D I'll contain myself from now on. Really...

Tony, that's a good idea, thanks.

Back