1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT: Get to the choppa -- Let's see those choppers (Fiddleback & non-Fiddleback)

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by xxwjtxx, Feb 16, 2017.

1. xxwjtxx

xxwjtxx Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2013

Epic selection Nathan -- and I've got to say that the storage solution is top notch ;).

... and that Turley is something else

2. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    I seriously need one of these: as Sergio mentioned, they just always sell out before I catch the thread!

3. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    Awesome selection my friend; the Griffin X is something else!! I have a delta 7 coming; looking forward to putting it through its paces!

Man, I'm missing out on those Carothers choppers!! Sweet setup

Good lord, that thing could punch a hole in a manhole cover.. Beast is an understatement :D

Gotta love HI, and the scout hatchet is a really cool piece with some history!

Beautiful setup Roger -- that custom shop Duke is something else!! Who makes the Bowie -- its gorgeous!

4. whitty

whitty Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Aug 25, 2005
    Love this thread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. heat_treat

heat_treat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Yes, I got lucky and the fingers worked the keyboard well that day. There was of course the preorder but it didn't seem to last very long.

Hopefully you both score one in the near future. :thumbup:

6. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Behold the Condor Mini Duku Parang Machete. This beast is cheap, functional and tough as a rock. After thinning the edge to around 16dps, the 4.5mm 1075 does surprisingly well. The ergonomics are not too bad either. It is nowhere near as nice as a Fiddleback Machete, but for the money it is a great deal.

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    The parang is a super functional profile; condor makes great tools! I'm digging the reprofile, I bet it chops like a gem!

8. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    Thanks Whitty -- you guys always have an epic selection of choppas on hand; I'm eyeing one of those bishops for sure!! (The m18 isn't shabby either ;))

9. ncrockclimb

ncrockclimb Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2014
    It really does. Condor is an amazing "value" brand that has never once disappointed me. The quality of the heat treat and the performance that they are able to eke out of 1075 never ceases to amaze me. When it comes to inexpensive, big knives, Condor is (IMHO) the undisputed king of the castle. Oh yeah; their designs are always super nice and really clean.

I am a firm believer in never having just one big chopper from Condor. One of my friends has been "borrowing" my Boomslang for over 6 months, and at this point I am pretty sure that I will never actually get it back. With that in mind, I am seriously considering getting either Warlock Machete or the Pack Golok. If I do, I will post photos here.

Cool thread! Cheers!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  10. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Some very nice choppers here.

11. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Anyone here have the chance to play with the new Ka-Bar Jarosz Choppa? I'm really digging the looks of it, but I haven't pulled the trigger.

12. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    A few Fiddleback and W A Surls knives of 7" blade length and over. The Kershaw Camp 18 gets used a lot when I suspect I'll hit a stone or old nail. The Kershaw is actually the closest in size and shape to the local Filipino 'sundang' working knives - shame the handle is so uncomfortable for extended use.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nbrackett likes this.
  13. PolRoger

PolRoger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
  14. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
    Stellar collection Jules -- Some amazing pieces that no doubt get to see lots of work! What model is that above the camp? a Bison? Very cool knife either way!!

15. xxwjtxx

Dec 13, 2013
  16. TRD_SEQUOIA

TRD_SEQUOIA Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2016
    [​IMG]
    These are my Dan Tope knives. I love these knives!

17. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    Thanks Will, indeed they do get used. That's a Great White Buffalo (stretched Bison) by Allen. Full flat ground stainless which is handy here in the salt air.

18. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    CPK Light Chopper :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

WA Surls Arapaima:thumbup:
    [​IMG]

Busse Battle Mistress :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

Busse Nuclear Meltdown Fussion Steel Heart :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

Swamp Rat Chopweiler :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

Fiddleback Custom Shop Camp :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  19. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    Beautiful group Gusbuster. A CPK is for sure one I would love and although I've never been drawn to Busse, a Battle Mistress looks fun!

20. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks Jules! :thumbup: