OT: Happy Halloween

Arrgh, avast ye swabs,
Treats are sweet, and candy is dandy, but it be wenches and rum wot raises me yardarm, Arrrgh. . . . . . . .

Happy Halloween:thumbup: :D

Sarge

Attachments

• Pirate Sarge.JPG
    Pirate Sarge.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 750
Happy Halloween for us all . A bottle of my favourite wine for me , caramel candies for the kiddies . I even pulled a halloween rabbit out of one of those
claw/crane machines to scare the little kiddies with . A little theatrical blood drooling out of my mouth and and a candle for the pumpkin . I think I enjoy it as much as the kiddies . I even left some extra mats in front of my house for mat night .

I'm going to spend Halloween studying for an exam in my EMT class--WHEEE!:rolleyes: :barf: Well, I guess I could make it "halloweenie" by looking at all the horrible trauma photos that book's website has.....;)

The rest of you have to have even more fun to make up for those of us who can't have any!:thumbup:

Going a-viking this year.

26an.jpg

So far, the kids are avoiding my house. Hm.

"Come back! It isn't REAL blood!"

Ad Astra:foot:

My friend recently told me that Halloween is his favorite holiday. When asked why, he replied, "On what other holiday can you put severed limbs all over your front porch without raising questions?"

He has a point. :)

Nam

There was a pumpkin on the patio I was supposed to carve. When a commercial came on from the Hulk Movie I ran outside. The oldest son had drawn lines but there was no way to know what he'd meant me to cut. I cut away.

He gets home and I did it just right. Pretty good when me and the kid are on the same thought.

Just sent them off to a Halloween party at the church.

Lot's of stuff going on, little guy crying his turtle costume is too hot, middle kid shrieking his head off because it's Halloween and being a parrot he can get away with it for once... Oldest wearing orange paint stuff because he's going as a Tiger. He doesn't really look like a Tiger. He almost saw that in my eyes, or did, and was weighing being disapointed. I held it back and when I saw him in the light, with his smile and eyes happy, he looked like a Tiger and I told him so.

Turtle suit left behind. Tried to put an army helmut on the smallest but it fell off. They had a washcloth stuck in there and it worked- if you wanted to be an Army man with a wash cloth hanging over your brow. So he shucked that and is going to the party. He doesn't care. He knows that's where the candy is. The other day I got him to eat some steak and he said, "Still, it's not as good as candy, Dad."

munk

All you young guys with swords aflashing . It makes me realise how life catches up with you . It can be the time of year as well I guess . I hgope you all have a great holiday and I,ll try to stay away from the candy bowl . (Yeah right).

P:S: Hey Munk sounds like you have a nice family there . Any pics in costume ?

Well our first Halloween in our own house in a real "neighborhood" was exactly what you would expect. We had about 20 or so little ghosts and goblins come to the door looking for their due and proper. I made Brenna answer the door for the most part. Not because I don't love trick-or-treaters, but because I hate to disappoint them when I can't figure out what the hell they are supposed to be. Our house is towards the end of the block, so by the time the kiddies got to us they were so whacked out on sugar that they were bouncing off the walls of the front porch.
Brenna got tricked by the Thing, an 8 year old with a rocky orange mask and pure sucrose coursing through his veins. She had already doled out the treats when he looks over her should to the TV playing Evil Dead II. "Oh, you're watchin' scary movies, huh?" Bren turns around to look, and the little creep double dips into the bowl. Next time, Mr. Thing...next time.
There were plenty of great costumes. The most clever was a little girl dressed as a half devil half angel. A horn sprouted out of one side of her head and a half halo over the other half of her noggin. The most thrown together costume was that of a make-shift Cookie Monster. This kid had on a blue hoodie with ping pong balls glued to the top of the hood and blue sweatpants. Across his front read "Cookie Monster". He got extra for that costume.
We did have a few tricks on the poor kids...although they really weren't supposed to be tricks. One such trick was when a 3 year old Superman came to the door, dad tucked neatly back into the shadows, just as we open up the door a zombie pops out of the basement floor of the movie we are watching with a scream and a tone of loud theatrical music. I thought Superman was going to leap our house in a single bound. He just kinda shook as we plopped a few extra chocolate eyeballs in his bag for his bravery. Also, we had bought this crappy motion activated tombstone to put on the front porch. When you walk in front of it thunder crashes and it splits open revealing a skeleton with glowing eyes that lets out a shrill scream of terror. The damn thing's motion IR beam never worked, so we just left it out as a prop. Well, it never worked until the tiniest little princess came calling for some chocolate. Her danty little glittery slipper must have caught the beam just right. We open the door to her nervous little soulful eyes when "AHHHHHYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH!" the skeleton totally freaks her out. We felt so bad....but it WAS funny:) Finally, our ferret was out and bouncing off the walls. I have no idea why. It could have been the cooler weather setting in, or the time change, or the 3 or 4 pieces of candy the little bastid had stolen out of the candy bowl, but he was spaztastic. We were handing out candy to a pair of kitty cats when around from the corner shoots our little demon. He's rolling and bouncing and jumping all still legged, fighting for his life with some sugar induced devil. Then he stops and glares at the kids. He loves kids, but they don't know that. He makes a bolt for the door, makes it half way and is thust back into battle with the sugar monster chirping and grunting the whole time. The littlest kitty cat's eyes open wide and her face droops. She turns on her heels to run screaming "Rat! Rat! Rat!". The cutest thing was that she took one horror-filled step, stops looks back, grabs an extra handful of candy (because she obviously felt like she deserved it for her trouble), and bolts screaming "Rat! Rat! Rat!". Her older sister looks up at us apologetically. We give her some extra candy and call it a night.
It was a great holiday. I can't wait for next year.

Jake

Ain't nothing like little kids, costumes, and Holloween.

One year, the younger daughter was a green olive (with pimento).

Actually, ain't nothing like little kids. On the late night before Easter, I would crawl backwards down the apartment hallway, with a cotton ball in one hand and a bowl of flour in the other, making "Easter Bunny Tracks," all the way down the two flights of stairs to the outside door.

Kids, especially little girls, have a sound frequency of shriek that cannot be measured nor duplicated.

"THE EASTER BUNNY WAS HERE !!!!!!"

yep.

She got them home at Nine. They didn't go to too many houses; the party took a long time and besides, their bags were loaded.
The little one had to show me everything this morning. His loot. Toys, candy, even a Black MT Dew. Our neighbor gave all the kids a Mountain Dew. Geeeze...talk about a sliver bullet.... Attention deficit here I come.
Hope you like seeing kids at Midnight! I'll send them there if they stay up.

They were happy. Get them in a room together and they're happy. Put people in a room together, and unless it's been called at 9 AM for the latest in Structural Reorganization by the Administration, people will naturally have a good time.

People are made to have a good time. They are not made for misery. Or, at the very least, as the Fox News business analyst once said: " I figure there is every reason to be depressed and sad about life. After all, Life is sad and depressing. There is also every reason to be happy about life; after all, life is happy and thrilling. Faced with these equally true but opposite points of view, I elect to be happy."

Good decision. Kids seem to know this. Halloween is having permission to be happy.

munk

Read something from a Tibaten monk.

In short..........You can CHOOSE to be happy or not happy.......It's your perception........Life goes on the same however you perceive it.

I felt better.....But I am trying still............Kids have a better grasp at it.

more to learn there. :)

Astrodada said:
Looks younger with beard.......:)

Thanks to a product called "Just for Men".:D :thumbup: My Norwegian grandfather's spirit may cluck with disapproval, but without that stuff you could just call me Gandalf the Grey.:(

Sarge

Back