OT: Kerry conceded

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/03/election.main/index.html

top.bush.tuesday.ap.jpg

vert.kerry.orlando.ap2.jpg

"President Bush was to deliver a victory statement at 3 p.m. ET, Bush aides said. Kerry was expected to make a concession speech at 1 p.m. ET at Faneuil Hall in Boston, Massachusetts."

Gloat vs whine ! The goose hunting a la Clinton really annoyed me. They say Daschle is out too !

If David Spade were here, he'd be saying, "Buh bye, Botox Boy!"

:D

Ya know, it's not like Carl Rove's groomed frat boy figure head won in a landslide. Thankfully Kerry did the right thing by conceding the election as early and as graciously as he has. Oddly, during Kerry's concession speech it was Edwards who seemed the more "President" like of the two. He might bear keeping an eye on for the next election as a possible Democratic nominee.

As Kerry pointed out in his speech, this nation has become deeply divided. Hopefully in Bush's next four interminably long years in office he will do something for the moderates who put him in office in the first place. And just as I wouldn't want a Democrat president with a Democrat dominated legislature and a Supreme court dominated by Democratic appointees all at the same time I certainly wouldn't want the same thing with just Republicans in charge which may e the way things are beginning to go.

I wouldn't feel entirely satisfied or happy if Kerry had won and I know many Republicans who feel the same about Bush. What does that tell you? I am just thankful that one party won by just enough to make it perectly clear who the winner was.

Not saying that Bush is the best, but I believe much better than Kerry. There is something about that Kerry guy that just plain bothered me. I am also glad it is done and over and did not end up in the courts.

The biggest thing that brought me to the polls was getting to vote on Michigan's ammendment defining what marrage is. Nothing against anybody's personal life, but i am happy the proposal passed.

2008 will be very interesting. If it comes down to Hilary vs. The Terminator....I will vote for Nader... ;) :confused: :D

Well, unless the constitution gets amended AHHnald won't be able to run. However, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Hillary made a bid for the Democratic party nomination. I also wouldn't be surprised if Elizabeth Dole did the same in the Republican party. The 2008 elections should be full of surprises for everyone! I highly doubt Cheney would run, or even be nominated. Personally, given the fact that he won the popular vote in 2000 and was given Florida's electoral votes by the courts since Florida was a statistical dead tie, I think Al Gore would have won this time if he had been the party nominee. Perhaps he will run next time.

My biggest beefs with Bush: he declared war against a country that, while they certainly were our enemies, had not attacked us; he has given us a legacy again of huge deficit spending and increased government growth (and Republicans complain about Democrats????); who's administration has rolled back environmental protection on almost every front including wetland protection (I saw an SUV today that had both a Ducks Unlimited sticker and a Bush sticker on it, frankly I don't get it.); who's administration has made it easier for corporations to weasel out of cleaning up their toxic messes (us tax payers are footing most of the bills now for the cleanup of the super fund sites, the clean up of which has dropped by nearly half); and perhaps worst of all, has rolled back our individual freedoms under the so-called Patriot Act, which frightens me more than anyone trying to keep an assault weapon out of my hands any day of the week! Hmmm...I take that back, this administrations skewed views on patriotism and attempts to legislate morality may be the worst.

2008 is a long way off.

Bush sent troops to Iraq, he did not declare war. Only congress is empowered by the constitution to declare war. In this case congress granted him powers to proceed in Iraq without a declaration of war.

This is just bad bad bad. No more checks and balances, and we get to look forward to a nice happy superconservative Supreme Court and federal court system Yay. Now he'll get to be as militant abroad as he likes and as oppressive as he wants at home. Hey, let's rewrite the Constitution too! I'm so happy. Every time I see that smug 'wipe all I want to do is slap that smirk off his face. I had a real problem with Kerry's ignorant gun grabbing and he promised a lot of pie in the sky BS, but Bush is a perfect posterchild for every other thing in human nature that disgusts me. Pave the Earth! A$$hole. Here's something to remember: the definition of fascism is government run by corporations. We've bought what our collective ignorance and self interest earned us. What a great day.

ddavelarsen said:
Here's something to remember: the definition of fascism is government run by corporations. We've bought what our collective ignorance and self interest earned us. What a great day.

Fascism (from Dictionary.com)

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.

Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Where is the "government run by corporations" part? :confused:

Craig

I probably deserved that. I should have said, the simplest definition of fascism. But what you've given is the result of fascism, not its source.

Here's what Mussolini meant when he described fascism: "Fascism should more appropriately be called corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power."

If you care to read the source of that you'll find it here. This is not VP Wallace's actual paper but some liberal correspondent's take on it. I'll try to find the text of the Wallace paper and post it here so you can read it without editorialising.

Here you go: The Danger of American Fascism

The people of this country have spoken. While I feel that they mostly responded out of fear of a change rather than approval of the current administration, that's really a moot point. Thankfully the Senate isn't in complete control of the Republican party, they still lack the 60 votes needed to break a filibuster and there are still several moderate Republican senators who aren't afraid to buck the ultra-conservative path their party seems bent on.

As the psuedo-Chinese proverb or curse, depending on the way you look at it, says: "May you live in interesting times!" The next four years should be very interesting indeed for all of us! Hopefully the moderates of all the parties have enough common sense to work together.

Hey, maybe there should be a Common-Sense Party! :D

From a sportsmans point of view I was happy that Bush won -- I think we can at least trust him not to try to take away our way of life.

My problem with Kerry is that he wanted other business owners to bring their work back to the U.S.A. but I bet none of the many large corporations they own over seas would be coming back to things like unions, government regulations and greatly reduced profit afterall they are not rich and famous because they are stupid.

The sun came up today the coffes tastes the same and the government didn't have a thing to do with it. :D :D :D :p :p :p :p

Sweany said:
The sun came up today the coffes tastes the same and the government didn't have a thing to do with it. :D :D :D :p :p :p :p

Now that is truly spoken! 10,000 years from now they won't even know this happened.

From a sportsman's point of view I was happy that Bush won -- I think we can at least trust him not to try to take away our way of life.

I agree and disagree with Pete. In short the A$$hole won and the &ickhead lost. I disagree that he won't try to take our way of life. He opens the way for new privacy intrusions and more government surveillance every day.

I'm tired of the war on terror, war on drugs, war on drunk drivers, war on this and war on that.

I think we made the best decision given the choices but I also think the next 4 years are going to be pure hell. I also see the draft as a sure thing because as soon as the economy starts taking a dive, he's going to invade someone else.

I've already kissed my Social Security goodbye. I make more than I ever have and don't have any more spare money to show for it. From the County Government up, they have my hand in my pocket and a foot up my A$$ and I was sick of it in the 60's and have just managed to get madder over the years.

So here are my sentiments to George Bush.
Congratulations! I voted for you. It was one of the hardest things I ever did. You can't run again so why not go fishing and leave the country to try and undo the stupid ass problems you created in the last four years.
Also, kiss my A$$.

Kerry Gets the short version........Kiss my A$$.

The better man won, period! Now, if everybody would just shut up, leave him alone and let him do his job, it would be nice.

Back