OT: Need a hat - today!

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Ok - I know there are more than a few of you that know your hats....Yvsa, Rusty, Jim and the likes....

It's my father-in-law's birthday tomorrow and we want to give him an aviator's hat - bomber hat.....you know what I'm talking about?

Has the drop-down ear covers. Leather (or equiv) on the outside, fur on the inside.

The more WWII-ish it looks, the better. (IOW, don't want a fluffy, girlie hat) :D

Got any suggestions where I can go out and get one today?

(sorry for the last minute stuff....but you know how things go with family....:rolleyes: )

I think you mean a Mad Bomber hat.

Cabelas sells them, and I just got one. I have the leather and rabbit fur, and its the warmest hat I've ever owned.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
no....don't want the mad bomber....want the other one.

If you're looking at Cabelas....which I have been today....then this is most like what we want:

i950604sqis.jpg

thanks for the tip on the Surplus store....looking for one right now...

Surplus is your best bet. For some reason, all of the ones I've been in have very large hat selections.

Looks like this is a "Trooper" style.

Bass Pro shops carries a camo Mad bomber. None of the stores very close to you, though. Maybe there's something similar to Cabelas or Bass Pro in the area.

I know that theres a Mack's Prairie Wings near Stuttgart. They may have something for you. How long of a drive is that for you?

Tohatchi NM said:
Bass Pro shops carries a camo Mad bomber. None of the stores very close to you, though. Maybe there's something similar to Cabelas or Bass Pro in the area.
There's one in Springfield Missouri, that's not too far for Dan and his hot rod.:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

Rusty

Check aviation supply stores, re-enactors, etc.

aviator hats

The beaver one sounds like what you're looking for.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
thanks for the great help guys.....I wasn't able to find one today.....no surplus, not at hunting stores, etc.

We're going to see if we can get it before Christmas, though....wish me luck!

Luck, man.

Does this justify smoke yet, Dan? :D :D

Just as well add it to the list. Can't hurt, right? :D :D

Nam