OT: TAPCO AK and FN mags

Rusty

Last Tuesday I called in an order to TAPCO for some magazines, using my credit card. They said it would take a week to ten days to arrive via UPS. Today between 3 and 4 PM the brown UPS truck stopped and left the package on my doorstep after ringing the bell.

I ordered 10 FN metric 20 round aluminum mags, supposed to be in Very Good condition. $7.99 each or 10/$50. They came in quite nice ( I'd rate them excellent condition ) shape. Except for mag well wear and scratches they were almost new. Very definitely worth the money. The steel mags would wear better, but for sitting in the closet waiting to be loaded when uneasy times occur these will do fine.

I also ordered 10 Hungarian AK 20 round mags. These were made for tank port firing weapons, and are of steel and parkerized. They were supposed to be like new in wrapper, for $5.99 each, no quantity discount. They came without any oil on them and with crystals from the post-parkerizing neutralizing bath still barely clinging to them. Wipe down, oil and you're all set.
Can't get any newer than that. You may have noted these were 20 rather than the standard 30 round mags. I'm uncomfortable with the length of the 30 rounders. These 20 rounders make the AK more easily manuverable.

Shipping costs were $13 bucks for the 20 mags.

I'd do business with them again. If anything, the goods were in better condition than they described.

TAPCO - Kennesaw, GA

By the way: can anyone guess who I voted against for President? ROTFLMAO

What could be more American, and more HI universal, then to introduce a thread on multiple capacity magazines on the evening of a major Federal Election??

Munk's saying: "During times of personal or political doubt, more hi capacity mags often help, and certainly couldn't hurt."

munk

By the way: can anyone guess who I voted against for President?

Pat Paulsen?

I can only hope anyone responding to this thread of remarkable good taste voted against the biggest gun banner. But- on to a more refresing topic- I'd love some of those AK 20's.

munk

Pat Paulson ?

With remarkable restraint ( until I come up with an unforgettable line ) I'll p*ss.

*pick any vowel. Try several.

Rapidly doing a mental meltdown, I remain ever your faithful immoderator, Rusty.

I may be a liberal wiener, but I love guns almost as well as knives. Some issues I'm left, some I'm right. No party fits my mold. I think that's what today's PC world calls "unique!" :D

I'm a libertarian.

that's what the world calls stuck between a rock and a hard place

I would be libertarian if they had *better environmental, welfare, foreign affairs, and economic standpoints.

By this, I mean that I think the environment needs to be better-regulated. While the government's hands are not clean environmentally, they are the only ones who can make a difference.
I think that there should be some welfare system, but much more limited. I'm personally a fan of work-fare. Help train them and find them jobs. Then they break the cycle and aren't dependent.
I don't think that isolationism is possible in the modern world. (although that may not be the correct interpretation of the party's stance on the issue. I'm not that well-read.)
Finally, while I agree that the government should stay out of business more, there must be some regulation. Corporate theft is theft, and the authorities should retain authority.

I really like a lot of their stances, though. I like social responsibility. Legalize drugs and let people carry guns. Controversially, I support gay marriage. (I think the gov. shouldn't be exclusive on such legal rights) What is the libertarian stance? I would think that, since they want to reduce gov.'s role in our lives, they wouldn't oppose. I dunno.

Lotta good ideas, but if they don't all ring true, then I'm not going to register as any party. Maybe I can register as half-Libertarian, half-Dem. I dunno.

Namaarie

I dunno Rusty. Had some probs with plastic Tapco SKS 30 rounders. Worked at first, later springs failed... :(

AA

Rusty said:
...I ordered 10 FN metric aluminum mags...also,10 Hungarian AK 20 round mags...
Rusty,
Are you preparing for the Arab attack on Nevada? Or do you have a doctor's appointment coming up?

I can't speak for Rusty, but it is always good to be prepared for riot. Now, if there were a riot here, all three members of the riot would be dutifully watched by the other townies.

Someday though, when social fabric breaks down in Sacramento and they attempt to immigrate North, I must be ready to 'just say no'.

munk

munk said:
..when social fabric breaks down in Sacramento and they attempt to immigrate North, I must be ready to 'just say no'...
The social fabric is in shreds. I am preparing for the Northward Migration as we speak.

Rusty -- totally agree with you on Tapco. Every order I've placed with them surprised me pleasantly. I picked up a load of G3 mags for my CETME (aluminum and steel) that were advertised as used, good condition. Could've fooled me...I could've sworn they'd just come out of the wrappers and they fit better than CETME mags do. (This says more about CAI's crap receivers than anything else.) Their Mosin-Nagant specials arrived at just about the time I'd gotten started collecting them and saved me from no end of hassles and heartaches. Good prices and great service every time I've dealt with them. If only they'd start stocking something new...

Ben -- Northward Migration to where? I'm looking to pull up stakes next spring. Need an armorer? ;)

Munk -- we've got another three and a half years to turn as many mainstream folks on to the Libertarian party as possible. Most of them want it -- they just don't know about it yet. Keep spreading the word. I'm not going to die until I see a Libertarian in the White House. My life insurance provider has assured me that they're behind me 100% on this.

Libertarian platform is currently unworkable.
They have the right ideas, though, for the most part.

munk

munk said:
Libertarian platform is currently unworkable.
They have the right ideas, though, for the most part.

munk

It takes a very open mind to even accept most of their views. I'm very open minded. Even I can't accept all of them, but I can certainly accept most of them. (Far more than any other party on the charts, anyway.) I doubt that I'll be completely satisfied until there's a Satori Party.

Everyone must find their own way, of course.

But hey...their views on RTBKA are impeccable. :D

True.
I saw part of an interview with John Stossle (sic?) who is a libertarian. He says the conservatives are much more open to these ideas than the Left. The Left is almost crusade-like against anything it does not endorse. He had some choice words for them. It is ironic in that when the Left built up it's head of steam 40 years ago, they were the voice of change and ideas. No more.

munk

Hm.

I'm for equal rights for folks, regardless of who they sleep with. For that matter, one should be able to make a financial legal pact with someone, regardless of sexual interaction- for instance, unmarried siblings of either sex should be able to make a legal pact to be able to settle legal questions with the equivalent force of marriage, or just two friends, again, regardless of whether they have sex or not.

I believe in the sanctity of life, but am against laws criminalizing all but late-term abortions.

I believe giving money to people for doing nothing is more damaging to them in the long run than letting them starve. It's an even more degrading form of slavery.

I believe in smaller government.

I believe in fewer laws.

I believe you should be able to do anything you want, as long as you don't infringe on another's rights. Hell, stay at home with your trisexual hooker and do 18 different kinds of drugs while you play with your automatic weapons, I don't care, as long as you don't start vehicles while under the influence, or endanger anyone- I don't friggin' care.

Fewer laws, and more freedom. Individual responsibility for all. That's my credo.

John

PS- Rusty, I'm still pretty well stocked with new, in-wrapper FAL mags from AIM, but I do plan on picking up some of those 20 round AK mags, along with a few 30s...
j

Spectre, we should form a party together. Seldom do I hear ideology so similar to my own!

How does it sound: 'Spectre, Namaarie 2008'

I mean, at least we'd have the votes of the cantina members, right? :)

Back