OTF EDC maintenance recommendations?

Can i have some info on OTF EDC cleaning, rust preventing etc, please? Do you wipe the blade after using every time? Are there some solutions, or is it necessary to disassemble it regularly prior cleaning? I have d2 blade and it is impossible to open after just about a week of edc, it stuck inside.

I have used froglube with great results and I really like it,I just wash the blade with soap and water then dry it off then I just apply the froglube.
I have tried both the froglube paste and liquid froglube and both work good,for both I like to heat the blade with a hair dryer then apply the froglube wait a minute and then just wipe it off.I apply the paste with a brush once the blade is warm and that works really good but I also find the paste always leaves a bit more of a film when you wipe it off.

If you wash the knife off really good under water there is no need to take it apart just make sure soap and water get in that area and work the blade back and forth before you rinse the knife off and work the blade back and forth while rinsing,you can also let the froglube run into the pivot area when you heat the blade up and just hold the knife so any excess runs into the pivot.

The little springs in the knife are more than likely carbon steel. They are very thin and rust could easily damage them. Water causes rust, so if you wash your knife (and even if you don't) I suggest a liberal squirt of WD 40 into the handle. Work the action a few times, then sling as much of the WD 40 out of the knife as possible. Dry with paper towel.

you can use mineral oil , its food safe .that's what i use like 90 percent of the time , works very well .if your knife has a pivot screw , you can maybe loosen it a little , that's what i do too all my delicas

Back