Other Knives?

Razor

Gold Member
After getting a small and a large regular.I wonder if their is any use in keeping my spydecos or benchmades? Has any one else wondered about this? I really do not see any use in carrying any other knife but the best.

thanks Ray

I've thought about it. One of the reasons my small Sebenza was such a bargain (aside from the great price I got it for on the FS forum:)) is the number of knives it has kept me from buying in the seven months or so I've had it. Every time I look at/lust after a similarly sized knife, and start to reach for the wallet, I think "Am I ever going to actually carry this instead of my Sebenza or EDC (they tag team all potential purchases)?...NO."
Not to mention the fact that I've since sold 4 out of my 5 Benchmade folders, and both of my Spydercos.
Only folders I've bought were a pair of customs, and a couple of SAKs.
I do think I'll give in to the urge to buy a MOD Trident this coming week, though-unless the tag team gets wind of it:p

I've the Large wood inlay and the Mnandi on their way, that should just about take care of it, I'd say!

But as to other knives? I've cut back a lot on my collection in view of the Sebenzas for sure, they just seem to cut better, I do have a Kershaw Double Cross that I've taken a fancy to, use it to slice up my fruits at lunch time, neat knife! The Mnandi might take over that task soon though!

G2

All of my Benchmades are gone, except for my 940's. I sold them all the quell my desire for the Sebenza. I was not disappointed in my decision to do so either. I still buy Spydercos though. I need knives that can take a beating on the job and these the Spydies fit the bill for that. I plan on having a Mnandi before the year is out, as well as an Umfaan.

I'm with you Gary...I carry a large California buckeye burl inlayed Sebbie daily. Tomorrow the big brown truck will bring me my 1 of 25 made Redwood inlayed Mnandis. Can't wait! It should make a great combo carry. I haven't even held the new Mnandi as of yet. I'm sure it will be nice. I was thinking it may be a little too small, but after seeing pictures of it along side cigar boxes, guns, and other daily objects in magazines; it looks to be a great sized pocket knife. Hope it will be up to the task of small daily chores. Cutting apples, cleaning fingernails, cutting rope/twine, opening mail. Am I crazy for carrying and using about $1000 bucks worth of knives daily? I say not! Actually very smart for picking the best knives on the market. My wife used her Aviator last week to gut her doe during our early deer hunt. When it came time to get around the anus, the knife was a little large. I had to resort to my WIS to get in there. Knife worked great! I guess the best part was getting to take my sebenza apart for a harsh cleaning.

RW

RW, my WILS arrived today, very sweet and one of the most expensive to date for my collection!

Mine also is a California Buckeye burl inlay with a nice twist of lighter coloured wood in the middle...
Mnandi might hit around Thursday...!!
G2

Gary,

That is truly a beautiful knife. You must be very proud!

Hey Gary, my Mnandi will be here tomorrow or Wednesday (#93 I think), make sure you let me know what you think.

And I would expect a sheath to be in the works no later than this Friday :D ;)

Originally posted by WrayH
Gary,

That is truly a beautiful knife. You must be very proud!

Right on the money Wray, very proud, been using it all night, finishing up a sheath for a fellow in Florida for his large wood inlay, if only I'd known I'd be getting one he wouldn't have had to send his up! But the feel is great, this may very well be it, my real EDC...time will tell!

Chad, congrats on your Mnandi ! I hope to have mine soon and yep probably a canted sheath on that and the large clipped in the pocket, good combo!

G2

Great knife, Gary. You have two of the nicest wood inlay models I've seen.

Back