1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other work

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by ANovinc, Oct 28, 2018.

1. ANovinc

ANovinc Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Also did these this weekend. I know, I know. Faux pas on the basket weave patterns. I forgot that they look better on an angle until it was way to late. Oops. :)
    Resized952018102895173657953412.jpg Resized952018102895173713958092.jpg

WEB2, jwccustom57, hughd and 3 others like this.
  2. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Both these and the Osprey came out great!:thumbsup:

ANovinc likes this.
  3. ANovinc

Sep 21, 2016
    Thank you!

4. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I like the fish scales, they look good

ANovinc likes this.
  5. jux t

jux t

Jan 10, 2018
    I have a knife and sheath made by you and yours. I highly recommend everyone to check out the work you folks do. The fit and finish is impeccable. Keep it up!

6. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Good deal Amy, very nice work. Ya slicking the inside before construction?

7. ANovinc

Sep 21, 2016
    Thanks for the shout out, jux t. So glad to hear you are happy with the knife and sheath we made!

8. ANovinc

Sep 21, 2016
    Dave, I used to do that religiously, but seem to have gotten away from it as of late (kind of shows in these pictures, too, doesn't it?). Probably need to add that step back in. Remind me if I'm supposed to do that before or after dying the inside?

9. ANovinc

Sep 21, 2016

10. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Depends on what ya use. Gum probably after the dyeing, Quik Slik ya could probably do before, least they say ya can on the bottle, I've never tried it.

ANovinc likes this.
  11. ANovinc

Sep 21, 2016
    You think I'd remember since I used to always do it....it's hell getting old, lol.

mitch4ging likes this.
  12. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    I know! This calf was kicking my butt Saturday evening:

[​IMG]

Never quit though, got em wrasseled.

[​IMG]

I'd loaned my horse to my daughter to let her do some roping. Old guys are suppose to be horseback where its safe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Macan and mitch4ging like this.
  13. ANovinc

Sep 21, 2016
    I'd still be rolling around on the ground, waiting on someone to help get me up!

14. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Generally I don't do groundwork much anymore. Was losing too much time with the crew bent over double laughing at me getting back up!