Ouch! ..a visit to the Doc ..and 5 new stitches

There I was, in the shop with my safety glasses on, hearing protection in, steel toes,..apron..etc...clean and organized work bench...and Bammo...I got hurt.

I was tightening a bolt with an allen wrench...not too tight, when the allen wrench snapped. My hand slammed into the sharp edge of some freshly sawn steel plates. I suffered a nasty gash across the back of my middle finger, middle knuckle. After a quick look at the damage, I saw stuff in there that I don't think I'm supposed to see...so I headed to the ER. Nothing serious, 5 stiches, a new scar, and a splinted finger for a week.

I consider myself to be extremely safety concious in the shop....but I guess you just can't be safe enough.

Be safe guys!

-Rob

Bad day all round I guess, I had a belt break today without warning and the first thing I knew the free end hit my left shoulder with a sound like a pistol shot. Boy did that sting. Result a large red welt on the upper arm with the skin broken but no damage to the T shirt.

You can't be too careful in the shop but sometimes the unpredictable happens like a broken allen key or a belt breaking without warning. I was wearing full face shield with helmet, gloves and steel toed boots as well but it still stings.

Howdy There Rob....!
Hey, what are ya doing banging your finger? Don't ya know that just us knifemaker do things like that. Hope that you get healed soon and back to work on those great grinder, look forward to seeing you in Winston Salem.

Later "Possum":cool:

Hey Rob!

Ya got pictures??? Did you cry? Just kidding!:D
Hope you heal real soon.

C Wilkins

Rob,
We must be on the same page! I took the end of my left index finger off on Monday night. As usual it was by doing something stupid. I was drilling the slot for a N/S guard and the drill press caught the N/S (which had really sharp corners. After a trip around the drill press table and a pass through my index finger.........

I thought about going to the hospital, but since it was hanging on by a shred of meat, I cleaned it out real well, and then super glued the mess back together. Sore a the dickens, but it's still there.....oh well, just one more scar. :D
Take Care of that gash! I'll be looking for a new model "rotary platen" soon.

Rob,
Hope you heal soon.
That can't be any fun.
Just think of the advantages though. The next time you get cut off in traffic all you have to do is stick your hand out the window;)
Instant bird! Just kidding. Get well soon.

:D :D . i am! well you can try to be the safest man around. but if you work with your hands, well you know the rest of it.now heal up and get my hardcore rotary palten built! :)

Originally posted by RHINOKNIVES
:D :D . i am! well you can try to be the safest man around. but if you work with your hands, well you know the rest of it.now heal up and get my hardcore rotary palten built! :)

Now what's this about a Hard Core rotary platen?!? Just put a latex glove over that "little cut" and lets see about that platen...

C Wilkins

Ouch! That doesn't sound like fun at all. What were you thinking? Had you heard about Mick Strider's recent accident and thought you'd try to one up him? :p Well, he's still got you beat, sounds like. Heal up soon. :)

The finger is doing good.....I was ready toget back to work in the shop today. I had an appointment with the eye doctor early this morning and he dilated my pupils. I guess that was OK...I'm mean, I've never had that done before.

Well he11! I couldn't see anything closer than 5 feet all day. Couldn't stand the light...couldn't read...bad migrains....had an all around crappy week so far.

Someone get that little Murf bastid away from me :mad:

Well, tomorrow is a new day. Can't wait...the sooner I go to bed the sooner it'll come.

Nite nite! :)
Rob

Back