Out For A Winter Warmer !

It was lovely and sunny out today but you could really tell the temperature is starting to drop !

PC010003.jpg

Half way around I decided to brew myself some tea but I needed to find something first.

Found some...

PC010004.jpg

I then headed for my tea spot.Once there I prepped the root ready for my tea, it's called Licorice Fern and not only do the roots make a decent brew but they are also good for colds and sore throats !

PC010005.jpg

With the tea on the go I sat back and gave the dogs some treats from my pocket...

PC010006.jpg

This was the view from where I sat....

PC010009.jpg

In summer I'd have added some Salmon berry leaves and berries and maybe some Salal etc but today it had to be a Rasberry and Pomegranite tea bag !
It was soon warm enough for me, had I used water from a stream I'd have got it to rolling boil for a few minutes but as this was water I'd taken with me this was fine....

PC010010.jpg

After my tea I re-packed my kit ready to head back...

PC010011.jpg

Snicker loved it today....

PC010014.jpg

Here is my JK Hiker posing on a little tree !

PC010015.jpg

Oh yeah, check out this swamp monster !!!!!!!

PC010019.jpg

Last edited:
Holy smokes! :eek: :D What a beast!

By the way, that tea sounds and looks great! Does licorice fern smell like it's namesake at all?

Yes it has a very distinct smell, once you smell it once you will not forget it !

Thanks! I'll have to check some edible plant guides, see if it grows around here. :thumbup:

Great pics as always! I could use that fern root right now, I hate being sick!

Cool pics pitdog, Your little dog is cute, and I am sure a bundle of fun, but evey time I see Maisy I just wish I could give her a big hug lol. I love that swamp monster pic:D.

Bryan

Back