OutDoor Edge Apogee?

Oh by the way Scorpio, the Apogee makes for a great costume.

For an explanation to fellow Forumites see the "United Cutlery Question?" topic in the General Discusion Forum.

Yes, one post closer to Senior Member status.

Take Care,

David

david,
i thought you would look at the profile page of the forum. but i will not keep you in the dark,it is your israeli buddy!if the name guy rings a bell.
scorpio.

Ditto on the tool steel. I suggest D2. It would be something that has not been done to death. Everyone has knives in ats. There are many who hate stainless and prefer tool steels. I would also suggest 440v but honestly feel D2 would be perfect for the job.

Regards,

Tom Carey

To Scorpio:

Great to hear from you. I still have good memories from Nurnberg. Please give my best regards to the family. Daphne says Hi!
Also are you coming to the Guild Show? If you need me to pick up anything let me know.

To Tom:

D2 would be a great pick for tool steel. I'll be sure to run over this with Darrel. We are now researching a stainless grade that is better than than ATS-34. Sorry I have to keep it a secret for now.

Wishing the best and thanks for the input.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch,
President

david,
my warmest regards back to daphne,probebly i will not be coming to the guild show.
but you can tell darrel i want an apogee.
will be at the shot show. will try to get an excuse to come to the states before jan.
and visit colorado.
scorpio.

To Scorpio:

Which Apogee do you want? Small 3.1", Medium 4" or the Big Mother, 4 point something inches. Also frame lock Ti or carbon fiber double Ti liners? My pick would be for 4" Ti frame lock. Did I read your mind? Let me know and definately try to come to Colorado this year. Note that it does start getting cold in September-October.

Take Care,

David

Scorpio,

take the 3.9 inch one with a titanium frame lock! I've got this one, its one awseome knife!

------------------
Markus Blattner

www.collectorsdreams.com

Big mother! Wait till they see that at work!
smile.gif

Regards,

Tom Carey

david,
you got it right,4 inch TI frame lock is the one for me.
as for your collaboration i would go with frame lock as well,and one of these steels..
bg-42,d-2,aus-10,a-2,cpm-420 would be nice but it will be a%@*<^% to make and grind.
lots of luck ,and keep us informed.
send my regards to darrel,and daphne.
scorpio.

As someone who will not buy another linerlock, I say go with the Ti Framelock with near 4" blade.

I think Titan's point is valid. More and more people will look for non linerlocks. I remember buying my first knife at a store and asking what's the difference between this or that. When you see a different locks, people will ask why. Unless the sales person really doesn't know (a distinct possibility), s/he will try to explain the reasons for the different locks. I know I explain to my friends who are casual knife folks why I like certain knives (and locks) over others. It's a matter of time.

sing

Thanks, sing.

One factor to consider is the explosion of the internet. The net grows daily not linearally but exponentially.

Look at this forums as an example. Barely nine months in operation but now has alomost 2,500 members with 150,000 hits a day worldwide. If those 2,500 members discuss with at least five friends what they read here...

Imagine the forums a year from now...

Well spread the word Titan
smile.gif

A year from now we will be the world's largest on-line knife community - still.

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I hate to say it, but I guess a 4" or so would probably be the ideal for the mass market, but wishfully, I would like a 4.5" to 5".........in green...mmm...tasty.........

Yek

Test

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch,
President

Visit our new web site at <A HREF="http://www.outdooredge.com
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.outdooredge.com
</A>

Back