outline

When is the Outline going to be available? is it going to be chisel ground, and how thick is it going to be? Thanks in advance.

Hi Slow1,

Thanks for your interest in the SOG Outline. I have found that people have varying definitions of "chisel ground," so, I'll answer your question with a bit of detail just to make sure we are on the same page. Chisel ground makes reference not to the cutting bevel, but rather to the main grind above the cutting bevel. In the case of the Outline, the knife will be crafted from one blank of steel and the only grind will actually be a single-sided cutting bevel. That should be clear in looking at the picture below (but of course I know what I'm talking about in my own little world
smile.gif
).

outline.jpg

I don't know exact production dates, but going on memory makes me think the May-July range.

Specs: Blade length is 2.5", overall lenth is 4.6", steel type is 440A (Rc 56-57), and I don't have blade thickness stats here in front of me. About .125" comes to mind. My perception is that it is a very appropriate thickness for the knife. MSRP will be $24.95.

Any other questions, ask away!

------------------
Ron Andersen
Consumer Services Manager
SOG Specialty Knives, Inc.

Email: ron@sogknives.com

Back