Owners of Larry Davidson knives?

Ferret's "Stretch Lefty" is not the true SE design. He required a longer slimmer handle and blade. It also has rear bolsters, but is not a Double Trouble model either. It is one of two I made. When Ferret ordered it, as with Brandon I cut 2 sets of parts just in case I screwed up on a non standard model.
Brandon is getting the 1st 4" SE model that are exactly like the original SE models. Josh Lee over at TAD is getting #2. Josh is also getting the 2nd model of the Stretch Lefty (on a right hand version and D/A). I am converting Ferret's orignial Stretch in a D/A for Dave and to make sure it all worked out properly I did the first alterations on the 2nd Stretch model first. They are going together now. Hope that doesn't confuse the matter further.
btw I am deeply appreciative of all the kind words about my work. It's been a tough first year, but I think I can see daylight.
Dave, Brandon, John, Eric and Jerry hang with me on getting your knives out this week. I've had some delays over the weekend with some plumbing repairs I had to stop and make. It started out simple enough, but it went down hill real fast, you never know what's in them old pipes or what kind of condition they're in until start taking em apart.
I'll have your packages out shortly! I'll post a side by side of the 4" SE and the 4" Stretch Lefty as soon as I put em back together. ld

Larry,
no problem waiting a couple extra days..things happen. i am quite impressed by the look of the knife..and imagine the feel will be just as impressive..this knife will become my daily carry knife on patrol..the blade is 3 1/2 inches or closer to 4 inches..with all the above discussions..i have become confused to the max..:)

Haveee nooo fearrr....UNDERRRRDOG is hereee!

Okay, here's a shot of Brandon's 4" SE along side the standard SE (3-1/2" Blade). No 4" SE's have ever been made. Brandon ordered the first one and I am making 2 (Josh Lee already spoken for the second one.)
See the next post for a picture of Ferret's "Stretch Lefty". It was loosely based on the SE but stretched out and flattened top to bottom and a rear bolster was added. (That led to the idea for the Double Trouble D/A of Dave Stark. A standard SE with rear bolsters and a button added. So now the SE can be 3-1/2" Blade or
a 4" blade. Add a button and it becomes the Kokopelli model. Add rear bolsters and it becomes the Double Trouble Model. Now it's clear as mud, eh? :eek:
The "Stretch" model only comes in the 4" model. Cornfusing ain't it??

Okay, this is a pic of Ferret's "Stretch Lefty" in the original configuration. Blade is 4". I am in the process of changeing the scales to Black Palm wood and converting it to a DA. I'll have some pics when I get it back together.(The 3-1/2" SE in the above post has Black Palm scales, really is neat looking in person, especially after final sanding and buffing up to a satin luster.
So because of the stretching and flattening top to bottom and the rear bolster, technically it's not an SE.
Now I is really cornfused Pogo!! :D
btw Nosamk, plumbing stinks and sux!!

the scales of the one next to brandon's looks like stag..you can't leave it roughed out like that?
would be an awesome look with bead blast bolsters and clip...
now what is the difference in the SE and Double trouble again?
the double bolsters are confusing me....:confused:

Im now the proud owner of a Larry Davidson knife. Talk about snappy. Great action and lockup. Light yet powerful. Definitely my new EDC. Thanks Larry!

Brandon, we need pix!!! :)

Larry, get my baby ready and shipped so that I can post pix soon!! :)

But take your time because I want it perfect. :p

Brandon, glad you got it safe and sound and super pleased you are enjoying the 4" SE-DA and thanks for the email.
Eric, just finishing up on yours, I'll give it the final inspection in the morning and put the final satin rub on the blade and it's on it's way. Dave, stand by I've got the mechanism working and have to do a little tweaking on ole "Stretch Lefty's" new backspacer to accept the spring and it's down hill from there. Jerry I'll have your's wrapping up over the weekend. LarryB, I got the red carbon fiber you sent, WOW! I'll have a pic or two as soon as I can. I've got some scans Brandon, I need to edit them and get em posted, but I'm shot full of holes right now and I'm crashing. Thanks guys for your patience. ld

Originally posted by Nosamk
Larry-

interesting pocketclip on the stretch. I like!!

Yes, very interesting. Looks like a guitar neck. A Jackson guitar neck to be more specific.:)

Yes, very interesting. Looks like a guitar neck. A Jackson guitar neck to be more specific

Exact-a-mundo, samhell.....now lets talk about your avatar!!! Is that a neckid guy playing with his organ or is it a moog??? lsd

Originally posted by dson

Exact-a-mundo, samhell.....now lets talk about your avatar!!! Is that a neckid guy playing with his organ or is it a moog??? lsd

LOL. I hope its not a mini moog.:rolleyes: Very cool clip LD. Though I'm more of Ibanez and Gibson man myself. Ever done a clip shaped like a SG?:D

Back