Ozark Mt. Aluminum 10 pack of flashlights with batteries

My mom is vision impaired and often uses flashlights to try to read mail, etc. She also has a habit of losing all the flashlights I give her, or wear down the batteries by leaving them on. I suppose when you can't see, you put something down and lose it immediately. She also has about six canes and is forever losing them.

Although I honestly don't know how she loses everything except her cigarette lighter and loses things so thoroughly even I can't find the stuff when I go to her house on the weekend.

Saw this 10 pack and figured I'd pick it up for her. Basically, that's cheaper than disposable and it says it includes 30 AAA batteries. Has anybody used them? All they have to do is work, but I've heard some of them don't even work directly out of the box.

I don't see the link, however I have a mother that also tends to lose things at her age.

IMO, the inexpensive Rayovacs at Menards are big, easy to see/find, and most of all, some have slide switches that are easy to turn on and off. My mother has issues with depressing the push switch on many of the newer flashlights as she is losing her finger dexterity and has longer (fashionable) finger nails.

My wife likes a reading light that slings around her neck the way a two-part set of reading glasses do, with LED lamp heads on both ends. We got it off Amazon, fairly cheap too. USB rechargeable. Otherwise, the cheap packs of five or ten basic LED flashlights let you put a light everywhere your mum might need one: kitchen, bedside table, living room reading corner, hanging next to the front door, etc.

"Ozark Trail". Not aluminum. They'll meet your stated needs for your mother. Each comes with 3 AAAs. $1 each, and for $1 I pick these up at Walmart (you can find them elsewhere and on line for $1 each too). Less than 100 lumens. I can find no specs but not surprised considering it's a $1 flashlight. Have them stashed all over between home, work, cars, etc. I just pulled this one out of my desk drawer and snapped a few pics with my cellphone.
20191204_060617.jpg

20191204_060632.jpg

20191204_060645.jpg

20191204_060710.jpg

Back