Ozark Trail Knife

I seen a post on here the other day and somebody said something about the Ozark Trail knife at Wal-Mart was a good knife and I figured they were just new and did not know much.

I was walking by the sports counter a few nights back and noticed a rack of Ozark Trail knives for only $3.86 so I grabbed one. Today I used it at work and it is a decent knife. It has g10 handle material and a stone wash finished stainless blade that today cut thru some serious cardboard and it still has a good edge.

I went by again this afternoon and looked at the display again and it seems like there is four different ones so I grabbed another and will get all of them eventually.

I am a huge knife nut but I like bowies and not folders so I am probable being ignorant on this matter but for less than 4 bucks I feel we are getting a lot of knife.

Go to W-M and get yourself one and lets share stories on this cheap find and lets all come to the same conclusion in a few weeks after hearing some stories.

Lets see if it is complete junk or a neat little sleeper that is considered good for the price. Please share here.

I seen a post on here the other day and somebody said something about the Ozark Trail knife at Wal-Mart was a good knife and I figured they were just new and did not know much.

I was walking by the sports counter a few nights back and noticed a rack of Ozark Trail knives for only $3.86 so I grabbed one. Today I used it at work and it is a decent knife. It has g10 handle material and a stone wash finished stainless blade that today cut thru some serious cardboard and it still has a good edge.

I went by again this afternoon and looked at the display again and it seems like there is four different ones so I grabbed another and will get all of them eventually.

I am a huge knife nut but I like bowies and not folders so I am probable being ignorant on this matter but for less than 4 bucks I feel we are getting a lot of knife.

Go to W-M and get yourself one and lets share stories on this cheap find and lets all come to the same conclusion in a few weeks after hearing some stories.

Lets see if it is complete junk or a neat little sleeper that is considered good for the price. Please share here.

They're not bad for the price, I got the little wood handled one asap impulse buy but since i didn't end up liking it very much I burned ARMY into the handle and gave it to my dad.
They're not the best out there, but nobody could fault you for carrying one 👍

I travel for work a few times a year and never check bags so First stop is Walmart to pick up a 4.00 knife. Few weeks ago I picked up a fairly decent folder with g10 scales and coated non serrated blade. Worked well at cutting up my dinner in the hotel for a few nights and filled that empty feeling in my pocket ... So yea my security blanket LOL. Did find on this throw away knife one screw was missing in the handle but overall not bad for 4.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kid got one, an award for something. It's a plastic handled liner lock.
The lock is so flimsy and the blade so wobbly that it's not safe to use.

Waste your $4 if you want to, but it'd be better spent as a down-payment on an Opinel or Victorinox.

My kid got one, an award for something. It's a plastic handled liner lock.
The lock is so flimsy and the blade so wobbly that it's not safe to use.

Waste your $4 if you want to, but it'd be better spent as a down-payment on an Opinel or Victorinox.

Are you sure it was a recent knife or even an Ozark trail knife ? Because none of their current $3.89 Ozark trail knives I've seen have had thin flimsy liners or plastic handles.

I travel for work a few times a year and never check bags so First stop is Walmart to pick up a 4.00 knife. Few weeks ago I picked up a fairly decent folder with g10 scales and coated non serrated blade. Worked well at cutting up my dinner in the hotel for a few nights and filled that empty feeling in my pocket ... So yea my security blanket LOL. Did find on this throw away knife one screw was missing in the handle but overall not bad for 4.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I have done before. And then, walking into the airport, into the nearest trash can it went. I wouldn't ever carry one of these if I didn't have to. Both of the times I did it, both the knives I got from Wally World were the best of the bunch they had...and they were still crap. Your mileage may vary, and maybe they're building them better now.

But for four bucks, I doubt it.

The flimsy old one was $1 and about worth as much if you don't count emergency room bills. Never seen anything so wobbly.
The new $4 knife is 10 times better and a similar product from other companies would cost ~$10.

The flimsy old one was $1 and about worth as much if you don't count emergency room bills. Never seen anything so wobbly.
The new $4 knife is 10 times better and a similar product from other companies would cost ~$10.

That's the way I see it . V FYI my local Walmart still has the old 1$ knife but has marked them.up to $7.50 )

Are you sure it was a recent knife or even an Ozark trail knife ?

Relatively recent. Within the last five years for sure.

Because none of their current $3.89 Ozark trail knives I've seen have had thin flimsy liners or plastic handles.

I don't know what the price was. Even at $1 it would be no bargain.

We put it away for the sake of safety. Or we might have thrown it out. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and confirm details.

Yes, thank you! I've found the little ozark trail knife to suit my needs very well! keeps a good keen edge and sharpens great through my little pull through. glad someone else decided to give the little blade some love!

I just want to let you guys know, since it wasn't mentioned in the other thread, that the Ozark Trail tan knife is a scaled down version of the Browning Black Label No Boundaries knife.

Don't kick Ozark Trail, Rough Rider, Frost, and other inexpensive knives too hard. They serve a relevant niche in the knife world. My first knife was a $0.50 Imperial years ago. My second knife was a $1.00 Imperial years ago..... My third knife was a Case Barlow... movin' on up.... Let other people have the same experience.

For the price, If I were in need of a blade, I'd personally rather buy a cheapo-retracting utility knife from the home improvement section, just because I feel those are safer. Just my $0.02!

For the price, If I were in need of a blade, I'd personally rather buy a cheapo-retracting utility knife from the home improvement section, just because I feel those are safer. Just my $0.02!
To bad you didn't. Or else how were you able to tell about their quality?
;-)

I am not sure these will get many likes on Instagram...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am not sure these will get many likes on Instagram...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They're the perfect knife for those people though, they'll never know if they're good or not because all they do with their knives is photograph them 😁.

I used it to cut about 20 boxes apart today plus opened a couple of boxes with it and I just took it out and its slicing paper like it just of off the grinding stone. Tomorrow I will use it some more.

I have used it everyday this week. I have cut boxes and tape all week. As I set here I am still slicing paper.

Why are people having a hard time talking about this knife. I don't think others really are sure of the knife I am talking about and is thinking it is the $1 knife but it is not, it is this one right here.
k2-_8f671b98-65f3-4bf3-8b0f-f5ff72d59aaa.v1.jpg

Listen, I will be the first to admit that Ozark Trail sucks but my goodness, for les than 4 dollars I have a knife that is working well at work.

The only complaints so far is that it is a little stiff to get to pop open. A good push on the flipper button/finger guard and a quick snap of the wrist will make it open completely but it is a little stiffer than most I have played with.

After a week of hard use it is still very tight.

Another complaint is the lock tends to stick and it takes some effort to make it unbind from the blade but just push real hard with your thumb nail and it comes loose.

Back