Pacific and Green Beret knives - Please Help

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by kilogolf65, Aug 11, 2017.

1. kilogolf65

kilogolf65 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    I may have an opportunity to purchase both a Pacific and Green Beret 7" locally. While I've bought/sold quite a few CRK folders and generally know what to look for to avoid the fakes, I've never seen or held either of these fixed blades.

Can anyone help me know what to look for? Box and papers would certainly be helpful, but what else? Here are pics of the Pacific.

Please feel free to PM me with info on how to spot fakes if you'd rather not post that in this thread. Much appreciated.

[​IMG]

My picks below....

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 11:40 AM
  2. kilogolf65

Jun 25, 2015
    Please help me...:)

3. HR0710

HR0710

Jun 28, 2016
    Pacific looks legit to me. I have one made in 2015, looks just like that.
    Newer version (non serrated-serrated, black-flat dark earth coating) seems to look a little bit different though. The black canvas micarta handle seems to look a little bit darker, but I have never hold it in hand, just seeing it through pictures, so I might be wrong.
    I prefer the old looks though. :)

To answer your question about how to spot fakes, I think attention to detail would help. CRK is known for perfect fit and finish, so if you notice clearly visible imperfection (uneven grind, groove scales don't match hanlde's groove, etc), it could be sign of counterfeit. It's possible for original CRK to have such imperfections like that, but the chances are small.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  4. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I don't see anything that looks off from here-
    @HR0710 gave some good solid advice.

To expand on the advice
    Ask for better pictures- Small blurry or nondescript pictures generally net you Small blurry nondescript knives.
    Pay via Paypal good and services or with a credit card so you have buyer protection
    If in doubt after the purchase, post good quality, high resolution pictures using an image host such as IMGUR to this group.
    Most here are pretty good at spotting fakes/clones/counterfeits.
    Sometimes, you can get a pretty good deal when the box and birthcard are left out or lost- But the one caveat is that some of the means of verification is lost.

Good luck and post pics if you decide to purchase- We are all about pics around here :)

5. kilogolf65

Jun 25, 2015
    Thanks for the help. Will be going to see it in person tomorrow morning. For sale locally so will be a cash purchase (unless he'll take PayPal, but I doubt it). If I buy I will post pics.

6. kilogolf65

Jun 25, 2015
    Well, here you go. Picks of the haul today. Why buy one when two are available? One I'll keep and one will most likely be for trade or sell. Seller had a 7" Green Beret but since it had sentimental value to him I decided to take the 2nd Pacific and let him keep the Green Beret. Unfortunately no boxes/papers yet. He's local and said he'll send them to me when he gets them out of storage. I hope he does. Seemed like a stand up guy.

So, on to pics and I hope ya'll agree these are legit. Only problem I could see was that the main snap on one of the sheaths had a rub mark and some of the color came off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And he threw in these three for nothing....

[​IMG]

7. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I think you done did good!

Congrats!