Pacific Cutlery Balisong Valuation

I have a Pacific Cutlery Balisong butterfly knife, all black (handles and blade) with a weehawk blade and 5 oval holes in each handle. The blade is marked "Pacific Cutlery, Japan" on one side between the pivot and the swedge, and it has the old Balisong butterfly logo on the other side on the ricasso. Overall length is 9 3/8", blade length is 4 1/4". Closed the knife is 5 1/4". The black finish is somewhat worn, as could be expected with a knife purchased in 1984 and carried frequently, but the knife locks tightly open and closed, and there is no slop at all in the pivots.

Can anyone give me a ballpark value for this knife? I appreciate your feedback. If any group of people would know, it's this one.

Thanks!
Whitebear

------------------
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes bleed the hand that uses it.
-Rabindranath Tagore

From your description, you have one of the lesser Pacific Bali Songs that was made in Japan and imported.

The market on these is very spotty. I've seen 'em all over the board.

You've also indicated that the knife is used. Just how used then becomes a major question.

Without seeing the knife, I'm going to estimate the value at $50 to $150 depending on condition. I know that that's a very broad range, 3 to 1, in fact, but the used thing has really got me worried.

Chuck

Chuck -

Thanks a lot for the information. As soon as I can get my scanner working, I'll post some visuals on this knife and see if you and the rest of the forumites can provide me any more feedback.

------------------
A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes bleed the hand that uses it.
-Rabindranath Tagore

Back