• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.
  • Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Package received.... NO KNIFE

Ordered my 710 last week and of course, anxiously awaiting....Got the package and it's empty (ripped open in the corner). Two little stickers from USPS, Received without contents and we're sorry your article was damaged.....So I got on the phone to Blade HQ and let me tell ya, excellent customer service! They're gonna ship another out no problem, just asked me to send'em some pics for their records....So I ordered a shirt and the're gonna put it in the package free shipping:thumbup:Anybody else get ripped off like this????

yea once--i send two small knives to a forum friends daughter and when package arrived it was empty--i send her out two more and they arrived ok--damn theives--:thumbdn:

No, but did have a knife delivered to the wrong address once. It was addressed correctly and the fellow dropped it by the house later that evening.

It could easily have gone MIA.

God bless the honest folks. :thumbup:

Kevin

yea once--i send two small knives to a forum friends daughter and when package arrived it was empty--i send her out two more and they arrived ok--damn theives--:thumbdn:

Curious yiterp,
When you declared it, did you put down knife?
Just thinking why someone would pop a hole in a box, unless they knew what was in it.
I've shipped knives before and never put down that knives are actually in it.

Now, if its sent from "the knife store", I could understand :)

Had a flashlight pinched once, not sure if it was because the fedex guy left it ten feet down the driveway, or what happened, but there was a big tear in the box and some packing material, no light. Not a fun experience, but at least bladehq is taking care of you!
Haven't used FedEx since, had trouble with their tracking being a full week off before too, so it was just that.

Always had better luck with USPS.

I've been very lucky so far. Never had a knife get lost in the mail. I did have a package of several thousand 9mm FMJ bullets (for reloading) that let go in the middle of the post office. :) That was fun.

I bought a Lg. Skirmish from I JD forum member. It was shipped by

priority mail. When I recieved the box it was Empty. Someone from the usps

got a very nice knife. The guy from JD refunded my $$ right away and he

had to deal with the usps. Not an easy or short process from what I

understand. The knife was insured. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Yes, I've received a packaged that had been opened and the contents were missing. I went to the USPS and complained about it. Apart from staring a lot at the empty box (reminded me of a road crew looking at road kill before scooping it up and tossing it in the back of the truck) the USPS did nothing else with it. I took the loss and learned my lesson.

Had a flashlight pinched once, not sure if it was because the fedex guy left it ten feet down the driveway, or what happened, but there was a big tear in the box and some packing material, no light. Not a fun experience, but at least bladehq is taking care of you!
Haven't used FedEx since, had trouble with their tracking being a full week off before too, so it was just that.

Always had better luck with USPS.

Two points to make.

1. How do you know it was FedEx rather than the thief that left your package 10ft down the driveway?
2. Even if USPS delivered it, there is still a chance that FedEx covered most of your packages travel from origin to destination. So the only way to really be guaranteed you avoided FedEx is to use UPS... but I don't suggest you do that.:D

Sorry, I just can't help myself. I'm tied to the hip of FedEx.

Ordered my 710 last week and of course, anxiously awaiting....Got the package and it's empty (ripped open in the corner). Two little stickers from USPS, Received without contents and we're sorry your article was damaged.....So I got on the phone to Blade HQ and let me tell ya, excellent customer service! They're gonna ship another out no problem, just asked me to send'em some pics for their records....So I ordered a shirt and the're gonna put it in the package free shipping:thumbup:Anybody else get ripped off like this????

I bought a Lg. Skirmish from I JD forum member. It was shipped by

priority mail. When I recieved the box it was Empty. Someone from the usps

got a very nice knife. The guy from JD refunded my $$ right away and he

had to deal with the usps. Not an easy or short process from what I

understand. The knife was insured. :grumpy:

Yes, I've received a packaged that had been opened and the contents were missing. I went to the USPS and complained about it. Apart from staring a lot at the empty box (reminded me of a road crew looking at road kill before scooping it up and tossing it in the back of the truck) the USPS did nothing else with it. I took the loss and learned my lesson.

...did you guys file a report with your local police dept.? Did you speak with the postal inspector of your area and file a report with them?

Go to the Post Office. Speak to a supervisor or manager or postmaster. Insist on filing a written report. If you get any static from them, thank them, leave, contact the Postal Inspectors. They will take a written report and follow up. Be sure to tell them you wouldn't have bothered them except the local PO was openly hostile to the idea of helping you.

You can contact the Postal Inspectors at www.usps.com

thanks esav for giving us the process. i bookmarked your post for future reference. dennis you've done a great service for we members.

Back