Packaging for knifeless wienies

Bah! Now they even make packing tape for the perpetually under-prepared. If you encounter such a package, do the right thing. Flip it over and cut the other side open!!

:)

Attachments

• no-knife.JPG
    no-knife.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 50

Gollnick

Musical Director
Usually, this marking warns that there isn't much packing material between the tape and the contents of the box. Cutting through with a knife risks damaging the goods below.

Gollnick said:
Usually, this marking warns that there isn't much packing material between the tape and the contents of the box. Cutting through with a knife risks damaging the goods below.

You think? :p

Ohhhh, I see. Looks like I had a stroke of jeen-yus there.

The tape on the bottom was the usual heavy brown "threaded" packing tape, which I cut through. Fortunately, the innards were wrapped up well, and I never cut deeper than necessary.

The tape on the top was clear, lightweight, and ripped right off when I tried it. I thought it was like those pop-top lids on soup cans now, that are supposed to be for convenience. No knife needed...:footinmou

:D

A few years ago a batch of Mercury minivans were recalled to replace a particular hose. Apparantly someone at the factory opened a crate of hoses using a knife, and some of the hoses were damaged. The warning's there for a reason, even though it would seem unnecessary...

-Bob

ErikD

Gold Member
You don't know what fun is until you ignore that warning, and carlessly cut into a case of bleach, and cut open a gallon of bleach! :D

"Use No Knife"

I take that as a personal challange. I will use my knife and not damage the contents...just to prove them wrong :grumpy:

In the supermarket, the only available bottles of seltzer were still shrink wrapped in cases. I casually cut the shrink wrap and put the linerlock away. As I'm doing that, the plastic relaxes, a bottle tips out and falls on the floor.
I had knicked the bottle with the blade. Once it bounced it was spraying all over like a little jet engine!
:eek: :eek: :eek: