Packwood, WA

The “ogre club” looks very much like a hammer used with a froe to split cedar shakes/shake blocks. Back in the 1970s our froe hammers were round blocks of aluminum attached to about 1.25” steel cable length. Your club looks like something that might have been used back in the 50s or earlier. I could see the spike at the end would be handy to stick it into a log so it doesn’t roll off into the slash while moving your cedar blocks around.

The “ogre club” looks very much like a hammer used with a froe to split cedar shakes/shake blocks. Back in the 1970s our froe hammers were round blocks of aluminum attached to about 1.25” steel cable length. Your club looks like something that might have been used back in the 50s or earlier. I could see the spike at the end would be handy to stick it into a log so it doesn’t roll off into the slash while moving your cedar blocks around.

CDB1-B0-CD-8598-40-C4-A13-D-0-B5462-DE4-D35.jpg

It's a "club" but would destroy a froe in short order.

AaronGP AaronGP ...Breathtaking view man!
If you are going to be stuck anywhere... there are a million worse places :)

No doubt. This was my first trip to the Pasayten Wilderness but there's no chance that it will be my last. Out of 150 peaks I only climbed four of them. Out of 160 bodies of water I only swam in one of them. Out of 600 miles of trails I only hiked 40 of them. I just need to make sure I schedule future trips around not-to-be-missed flea markets!

Looks like an awesome show! I'm glad you guys found some things that were worth bringing home. I, on the other hand, was stuck here:
horseshoe_basin_from_rock_mtn_01.jpg

horseshoe_basin_from_rock_mtn_02.jpg

horseshoe_basin_from_rock_mtn_02.jpg

Aaron don’t think you missed out at all!

On the topic of Packwood, I still had a couple of things in my truck that I brought inside tonight. The vintage 55” two-man log carrier handle was a score. It was sitting in front of a guy’s truck with no one around so I asked the only person at the tent how much it was – she said $20 dollars. Cool. Suddenly an older gent hustled around the corner and started to say something but stopped short, looked me up and down, and said, “Oh… you know what that is…” I paid a bit more than the twenty but it was a interesting interaction but worthwhile.

ithinkverydeeply ithinkverydeeply was with me when I asked about the 48” peavey handle. I asked if they would do $5 less and the group’s Matriarch zoomed up all smiles, and said, “Oooh, but do you know where they are from?”

She and I both said “Tennessee” at the same time. Her smile was frozen. What I assume is her husband said something rhyming that I don’t remember but maybe ITVD does. Anyway, good replacement sticks for Peavey’s are hard to come by locally.
48686247987_ef18f95266_h.jpg

Sticks

The Dr Rinehart Handy Hog Holder was a score in my opinion as well. My daughter pulled it out and asked what it was while I was driving this afternoon. I told her it was for when Little Piggy’s didn’t listen the first time. I held back laughing as I watched her in the rear view mirror as she put it down, looked out the window and said, “I not like that thing”.

I was evil dad laughing on the inside.
Piggie
Piggie

ithinkverydeeply ithinkverydeeply was with me when I asked about the 48” peavey handle. I asked if they would do $5 less and the group’s Matriarch zoomed up all smiles, and said, “Oooh, but do you know where they are from?”

She and I both said “Tennessee” at the same time. Her smile was frozen. What I assume is her husband said something rhyming that I don’t remember but maybe ITVD does. Anyway, good replacement sticks for Peavey’s are hard to come by locally.
48686247987_ef18f95266_h.jpg

Sticks

The Dr Rinehart Handy Hog Holder was a score in my opinion as well. My daughter pulled it out and asked what it was while I was driving this afternoon. I told her it was for when Little Piggy’s didn’t listen the first time. I held back laughing as I watched her in the rear view mirror as she put it down, looked out the window and said, “I not like that thing”.

I was evil dad laughing on the inside.
Piggie
Piggie
I’m glad that I’m not the only one with a pig torturing device. LoL
It was either that guy or the other at the booth that said “facts tell but stories sell.”

Back