1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Panther Concealment "Commodore" sheath up on you tube!!!!

Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by brownie0486, Feb 23, 2015.

1. brownie0486

brownie0486

Apr 6, 2003
  2. brownie0486

brownie0486

Apr 6, 2003
    BTTT,

No one carrying a long blade for sd? No comments on the set up, good bad or ugly? ;)

3. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I don't want to sound like communist or anything, but even if I lived in the most knife liberal place on earth I would probably feel like that sized knife being too much for me. :D
    Doesn't it rub you too much along the day? It's easy to take off for sure but.. Or do you live in ranch or something?

4. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I have to admit that the title makes me wish that it was a video about keeping a mountain lion in your jacket

5. fishface5

fishface5 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    huh that "cav" draw is an interesting idea, I'll have to play with it

6. brownie0486

brownie0486

Apr 6, 2003
    It's as comfortable as a folder in your pocket once you get familiar with how to carry it. As you saw in the vid, the sheath "floats" as is able to move with your movement when active. I know several students of Bill Bagwell besides myself who carry his bowies daily. Long blade carry isn't for everyone, of course.

Too much knife? One can never have too much knife or too much gun when the party starts. It's a commitment to learn to carry one but once it's mastered, superbly comfortable.

7. brownie0486

brownie0486

Apr 6, 2003
    It's fast, takes a little practice to gain the speed like anything. Bagwell and several others like myself carry cav draw. I was convinced the first time I saw Bagwells wife pull one from under her T shirt quick like with that draw.

8. Buffalohump

Buffalohump

Sep 7, 2006
    Really enjoyed the vid, I have a Cold Steel Natchez with a Southern Comfort, but I'm afraid that's just too much knife for me to carry IWB. If it was the old days when guys rode horseback and carried openly, not a problem.

What length is the blade on your Bagwell? I am thinking 8 inches would be 'do-able' in those sheaths. I have Bill's book and I know he says 9.25 inches is about optimal for a fighting bowie but that's a heckuva lot of blade to stick down yr pants.

The other thing I commented about on your vid is sitting in a car with bucket seats where you tend to sink into the seat and the wings interfere with your blade. Do you find that possible with this sheath system / blade length? Or do you just take the knife out when you in the car?

I must confess I have a full size 1911 (Colt Series 70) and I find that easier to carry than a big blade but I do love those bowies. :D

9. brownie0486

brownie0486

Apr 6, 2003
    First, thanks for your thoughts on the vid.

I wear that set up everywhere including driving. The system floats on the belt, and only needs readjustment when sitting or standing. It's a slight nearly undetectable move to readjust it upon standing as I showed in the vid. The little ford focus I ride in sometimes has very narrow buckets, still not a problem, but it's like anything we carry, gotta get used to it being there until it's unnoticeable all day like the other armament